What are the excelling features of the Focus TD?
The Focus TD stands for the consistent further development of the “StripTill approach”. Features like targeted loosening below the later row combined with a concentrated fertiliser placement have been implemented with well-proven components and have been combined with the well-known Pronto sowing technology.
- TerraGrip tines pre-loosen the soil in a targeted way and remove harvest residues from the seed and root area
- A fertiliser deposit is placed (if required in different depths)
- Moist soil is transported to the germination horizon
- Angled discs work between the seed rows and create ridges or level the soil according to the requirements
- The tyre packer consolidates the soil in front of the seed coulters
- Sowing is carried out by the strong and precise TurboDisc seed coulters into moist soil that is free of harvest residues
- Row spacings of 30 cm for rape seed and row crops and of 15 cm for crop sowing are possible
- The optional 3-point linkage of the Focus 6 TD allows for a quicker and easier changing from the TurboDisc seed bar to a Maestro RV seed unit. Thus, a deep placement of fertiliser is now also possible for maize and other single grain seeds with row spacings of 45 – 75 cm.
- Enormous efficiency due to optional MiniDrill G & F for sowing rape
“Topics like yield stability and cost saving are getting more and more important. Numerous institutes have already been testing for several years. Since 2001, HORSCH has been carrying out their own tests on the company-owned trial fields near the FIT Training Centre. The results are unambiguous: Site-specific cultivation combined with targeted fertilisation and precise sowing helps to increase the utilisation factor of fertilisation and to guarantee a stable and good harvest even in climatically difficult years. The Focus TD combines all our experiences with the most up-to-date technology.”
Range of use
Rape seed and row crops in row seeding with a row spacing of 30 cm (optional: 35 cm with the Focus 6.35 TD 3-point)
- One TurboDisc / TurboEdge coulter follows in the middle of a TerraGrip tine and a tyre
- Guaranteed closure of the rape seed row despite a larger row spacing
- Large row spacing for row crops like for example rape or beans that are sown in rows
- At a loosening depth from 10 to 35 cm the conditions are ideal for rape seed as all compactions are removed, the root area is almost free of harvest residues and nutrients are placed in a targeted way.
- Can be used after one or more stubble cultivation passes
Depth of the fertiliser placement is variable
- Under excellent sowing conditions the placement of fertiliser at working depth allows for a targeted supply of the lower topsoil with fresh nutrients.
- In years with difficult sowing conditions (humidity, low temperature) a 50 : 50 placement can support the early growth of the crop in a targeted way and the root can be “attracted” downwards.
Crop sowing with a row spacing of 15 cm(optional: 17.5 cm with the Focus 6.35 TD 3-point)
- Two TurboDisc coulters are placed behind a TerraGrip tine and a tyre
- Narrow row spacing for crops like for example wheat and rye
- A TerraGrip tine loosens the soil in the middle below two plant rows and places the fertiliser deposit there (in variable depth)
- Roots grow into the loosened strip in an optimum way and are able to reach the fertiliser deposit that has been placed there
- The characteristic of the ridges can be controlled via the disc levelling system in front of the packer, if desired, an even seedbed can be achieved
- Loosening depth is adapted to the previous crop in an optimum way
Single grain seed of row crops
- Due to the optional 3-point linkage of the Focus 6 TD you can now benefit from the advantage of the targeted depth fertilisation even for single grain sowing with a Maestro RV.
Focus 3 TD
Targeted loosening, targeted fertilising, target sowing
The Focus 3 TD is the ideal solution for medium-sized farms and the corresponding tractors. The machine excels due to its efficiency and the individual equipment options. Deep loosening of the soil with a targeted placement of fertiliser and exact sowing is combined in only one pass. For tractors as of 250 hp. The well-known equipment options of the Focus line allow for an optimum adaption to the farm-specific conditions.
- Well-known Focus principle with 3 m working width as of 250 hp
- 3 500 litres double hopper with 60 : 40 partition
- Well-known equipment options of the Focus TD line
- Selectable loosening tines
- Individual levelling discs or crumbling tools
- 15 or 30 cm row spacing
- Optional MiniDrill for G & F or PPF
Focus 6.50 TD 3-point
The Expert for row crops
What are the excelling features of the Focus 6.50 TD 3-point?
The Focus 6.50 TD 3-point meets the demand for loosening in the traditional row crops with a spacing of 50 cm, e. g.
- Soy beans
The TerraGrip 3L tines are arranged on two bars and pre-loosen the row in spacing of 50 cm. The fertiliser is planed in different horizons (deep = working depth, shallow = close to the surface and combination of both).
The newly developed tyre packer 320 / 70 – 24 AS runs exactly between the rows and supports the weigth of the machine with a large contact area.
|HORSCH Focus TD||3 TD||4 TD||6 TD|
|Working width (m)||3.00||4.00||6.00|
|Transport width (m)||3.00||2.98||2.98|
|Transport height (m)||3.35||3.35||3.70|
|Axle load (kg)*||4 200 – 5 000||6 500 – 7 400||8 400 – 10 300|
|Vertical load (kg)*||1 000 – 1 400||1 600 – 2 000||1 900 – 2 500|
|Weight from (kg)**||5 800||8 240||10 000|
|Hopper capacity double hopper (l)||3 500 (2 100 : 1 400 l / 60 : 40)||5 000 (2 000 l : 3 000 l / 40 : 60)||5 000 (2 000 l : 3 000 l / 40 : 60)|
|Dimension of feed openings (m)||0.60 x 0.90||front 0.66 x 1.22 / rear 0.66 x 1.68||front 0.66 x 1.22 / rear 0.66 x 1.68|
|Filling height double hopper (m)||2.95||2.95||2.95|
|Tyre size lateral support wheels||---||15.0 / 55 – 17||15.0 / 55 – 17|
|Tyre packer size||210 / 95 – 24 AS||210 / 95 – 24 AS||210 / 95 – 24 AS|
|Tyre packer Ø (cm)||100||100||100|
|Number of tines||10||14||20|
|Tine spacing in one row (cm)||60.0||57.2||60.0|
|Tine spacing (cm)||30.0||28.6||30.0|
|Frame height (cm)||75||75||75|
|Release force (kg) / trip height (cm)||630 / 26||630 / 26||630 / 26|
|Number of seed coulters||10 / 20||14 / 28||20 / 40|
|Row spacing (cm)||30.0 / 15.0||28.6 / 14.3||30.0 / 15.0|
|Coulter pressure seed coulters (kg)||5 – 120||5 – 120||5 – 120|
|Seed coulters / press wheels (cm)||34||34||34|
|Working speed (km/h)||6 – 10||6 – 10||6 – 10|
|Power demand (kW/hp)||150 – 220 / 200 – 300||150 – 220 / 200 – 300||220 – 295 / 300 – 400|
|DA control devices||2||2||2|
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar)||1||1||1|
|Oil quantity hydr. fan (l/min)||35 – 45||35 – 45||35 – 45|
|Lower link linkage||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV|
|Adj. drawbar linkage||---||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm|
|Ball-type linkage||---||K 80||K 80|
* Weight of the machines with minimum / maximum equipment
** Weights of the machines with Focus tine section and rape seed bar
|HORSCH Focus TD 3-point||Focus 6 TD 3-point||Focus 6.35 TD 3-point||Focus 6.50 TD 3-point||Focus 6.75 TD 3-point|
|Working width (m)||6.00||6.00||6.00||---|
|Working width with TurboDisc seed bar (m)||---||---||---||5.63|
|Working width with Maestro RV (m)||---||---||---||6.00|
|Transport width (m)||2.98||2.98||3.47||3.30|
|Transport height (m)||3.70||3.70||3.70||3.45|
|Length incl. coulter attachment (m)||10.60||10.60||11.08||10.60|
|Weight incl. coulter attachment (kg)*||9 500||9 500||9 500||9 500|
|Weight without coulter attachment (kg)**||8 400||8 400||8 400||8 500|
|Hopper capacity double hopper (l)||5 000 (2 000 : 3 000 l / 40 : 60)|
|Dimension of feed openings (m)||front 0.66 x 1.22 / rear 0.66 x 1.68|
|Filling height double hopper (m)||2.95||2.95||2.95||2.95|
|Tyre size lateral support wheels||15.0 / 55 – 17||15.0 / 55 – 17||15.0 / 55 – 17||15.0 / 55 – 17|
|Tyre packer size||210 / 95 – 24 AS||210 / 95 – 24 AS||320 / 70 – 24 AS||210 / 95 – 24 AS|
|Tyre packer Ø (cm)||100||100||100||100|
|Number of tines||20||17||12||15|
|Tine spacing in one row (cm)||60.00||70.60||100.00||---|
|Tine spacing (cm)||30.00||35.30||50.00||37.50|
|Number of tines reduced||---||---||---||8|
|Tine spacing tines reduced (cm)||---||---||---||75|
|Cutting discs number / Ø (cm)||---||---||---||8 / 50|
|Frame height (cm)||75||75||75||85|
|Release force (kg) / trip height (cm)||630 / 26||630 / 26||630 / 26||550 / 29|
|Number of seed coulters||20 / 40||17 / 34||12 / 24||15 / 30|
|Row spacing (cm)||30.00 / 15.00||35.30 / 17.60||50.00 / 25.00||37.50 / 18.75|
|Coulter pressure seed coulters (kg)||5 – 120||5 – 120||5 – 120||5 – 120|
|Seed coulters / press wheels Ø (cm)||34 / 32||34 / 32||34 / 32||34 / 32|
|Working speed (km/h)||6 – 10||6 – 10||6 – 10||6 – 10|
|Power demand (kW/hp)||220 – 295 / 300 – 400||220 – 295 / 300 – 400||220 – 295 / 300 – 400||165 – 270 / 225 – 370|
|DA control devices||2 (resp. +1 for Maestro preparation kit, hydr. depth adjustment disc harrow section)||2 (+1 resp. for Maestro preparation kit)|
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar)||1||1||1||1|
|Oil quantity hydr. fan (l/min)||35 – 45||35 – 45||35 – 45||35 – 45|
|Lower link linkage||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV|
|Adj. drawbar linkage||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm|
|Ball-type linkage||K 80||K 80||K 80||K 80|
|3-point linkage coulter attachment||Cat. III / III||Cat. III / III||Cat. III / III||Cat. III / III|
* Weight with minimum equipment with tine section 2-row and coulter attachment without coulter extension
** Weight with minimum equipment with 2-row tine section WITHOUT coulter attachment
Sowing into the open furrow
What are the excelling features of the TurboEdge coulter?
Ideal for sowing rape and beans with row spacings of 28.6 – 30, 35 and 50 cm at all Focus models.
Assets of the TurboEdge coulter
- Intensive clearing of the harvest residues in the seed furrow
- Optional embedding of the seed grain with a guaranteed soil contact
- Perfect depth control by integrated press wheel at seed body
- Optimum complement for sowing with the Focus when the preparation intensity was low
High efficiency due to three components
For rape sowing there are further equipment options that are specifically adapted to the Focus like a HORSCH MiniDrill . It can be used as a third hopper and thus almost doubles efficiency or saves one pass for pest management.
There are two different options for the MiniDrill equipment. The version MiniDrill G & F is used as a third hopper for seed. Thus, you can almost double the efficiency of the machine when sowing rape. The MiniDrill has a hopper capacity of 400 litres. If the MiniDrill hopper is filled with rape seed, the two large hoppers (capacity 2 000 and 3 000 litres) can be filled with mineral fertiliser. Thus, you can quite easily reduce downtime for refilling and gain valuable time for sowing.
The MiniDrill PPF is the second version. In this case, the MiniDrill is used to take micro-granular compound, underseeds or slug pellets along. This optional third component is applied via outlets to the surface of the field. This MiniDrill version is equipped with its own fan, and its own pneumatic system with separate distributor tower and a outlet in front of every seed coulter.
The option of placing three different components precisely in three different seed horizons makes the Focus the perfect catch crop seed drill. Via the tine section you can for example place field beans deeply, the seed coulters can drill vetches on the normal seed horizon and via the outlet you can apply grass or clover.
The placement of catch crops into the optimum seed horizon, the application of micro-granular compound or slug pellets as well as the option to drill underseeds point out the manifold possibilities to use the MiniDrill PPF at the Focus TD.