for a better embedding of the grains
Which press wheel is suitable for which use? Finger and spike press wheel
- The finger press wheel is ideal for heavy and medium soils
- Spike press wheel for medium to light sites
- There is one finger / spike wheel and one standard wheel per row to control the depth and to avoid moving the grains.
- However, the wheels are not suitable for shallow sowing.
- If the furrow wall gets compacted because of the DoubleDisc seed coulters, it is broken by the finger / spike wheel – the furrow is removed.
- Seed furrow is not opened after sowing under dry conditions, especially on heavy clayey sites
- Development of the maize root is encouraged
Rubber and profiled press wheel
- The rubber closing wheels are ideal for light sandy sites
- The profiled rolls are recommended for fine seeds
- The profile creates additional fine earth and can better prevent silting.