The HORSCH Pronto DC allows for a precise grain placement at a top operational speed and an at the same time low horsepower requirement.
- Low horsepower requirement: low weight, possibility of intermediate packer and side packer mounted on the machine frame
- Up to three different components can be placed in three different horizons.
- Optional MiniDrill versions are possible as a second or third component.
- DiscSystem as a front tool: 46 cm disc diameter with high rotation speed for high fine soil production
The Pronto DC is the universal seed drill with the lowest horsepower requirement in the market. Since its launch in 2003, farmers all over the world have been sowing with Pronto machines. By now, the Pronto sows on all continents in a wide variety of soils and in the most different conditions. This is possible due to an individual adaption of the additional options. Operational speeds up to 20 km/h and a precise seed placement as well as a good work pattern are crucial for this purpose. The straight, continuous frame with its simple design guarantees a low empty weight and results in a low horsepower requirement of the machine. The simple and clear calibration of the machine saves time and increases efficiency in the field.
- Perfect sowing in different cultivated soils. Stale seedbed, after the plough or intensively mixed passes.
- Ideal for a wide variety of sowing applications. In addition to the traditional crops like rape / wheat / barley, coarse-grained legumes / grass / catch crops etc are also possible.
- With the optimised spelt pneumatics even spelt with husks is no challenge at all.
|HORSCH Pronto DC||6 DC||7 DC|
|Working width (m)||6,00||7,20|
|Transport width (m)||3,00||2,98|
|Transport height (m)||2,99||3,93|
|Axle load (kg)||5700 - 8900||7800 - 10000|
|Vertical load (kg)||700 - 1600||750 - 2000|
|Seed hopper capacity (l)||4000||4000|
|Hopper capacity double hopper (l)||5000 (40 : 60)||5000 (40 : 60)|
|Hopper capacity MiniDrill (l)||400||400|
|Feed opening single hopper (m)||0,75 x 2,40||0,75 x 2,40|
|Feed opening double hopper (m)||0,66 x 2,40||0,66 x 2,40|
|Filling height single hopper (m)||2,65||3,10|
|Filling height double hopper (m)||2,90||2,95|
|Number of PPF coulters (Piece)||20||24|
|Coulter pressure PPF coulters (kg)||up to max. 200||up to max. 200|
|Number of seed coulters (Piece)||40||48|
|Coulter pressure seed coulters TurboDisc (kg)||15 - 125||15 - 125|
|Coulter pressure seed coulters ParaDisc (kg)||---||25 - 150|
|Seed coulters/press wheels Ø TurboDisc (cm)||34 / 32||34 / 32|
|Row spacing (cm)||15||15|
|Tyre packer size||7.50 - 18 AS||7.50 - 18 AS|
|Tyre packer Ø (cm)||85||85|
|Operational speed (km/h)||10 - 20||10 - 20|
|Horsepower requirement (kW/hp)||120 - 185 / 160 - 250||145 - 205 / 200 - 280|
|DA control devices||3 (resp. +1 for filling auger, coulter pressure adjustment, Crossbar)||3 (resp. +1 for filling auger, coulter pressure adjustment, Crossbar)|
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar) (bar)||1||1|
|Oil quantity hydraulic fan (l/min)||20–25 single hopper / 35–45 double hopper||20–25 single hopper / 35–45 double hopper|
|Implement attachment lower link||Cat. II/III – III – III/IV||Cat. II/III – III – III/IV|
|Implement attachment adjustable drawbar (mm)||Bolt Ø 40–50 mm||Pin Ø 40 – 50|
|Implement attachment ball head||K 80||K 80|
- Efficient crumbling and even levelling over the whole working width
- High clearance extends the range of applications and increases reliability
- Increasing quality of work with increasing operational speed
- Hydraulic depth adjustment, infinitely variable while driving
The 46 cm discs with a serrated profile achieve high rotational speeds and the penetration is excellent. The soil is mixed very aggressively, important fine soil is produced and the seedbed is levelled. Clearance is optimum as the disc elements are arranged in pairs. This additionally increases the reliability of the machine. The hydraulic depth adjustment allows for an infinitely variable adjustment while driving
- Targeted, even levelling and consolidation in front of each seed coulter
- Straight tyre profile increases consolidation in the consolidation area
- Packer middle section also serves as a chassis for transport
- Efficient consolidation below the seed horizon for better water distribution towards the seeds
- Low horsepower requirement due to large tyre diameter and no scrapers required
The HORSCH tyre packer ensures a targeted and even levelling and consolidation in front of every seed coulter The tyres are arranged in one line. Thus, clearance is optimum even on light soils. The straight tyre profile increases consolidation. The 10-ply special HORSCH tyres ensure a long service life.
An efficient consolidation below the seed horizon guarantee a better water distribution towards the seeds The horsepower requirement is low due to large tyre diameter and no scrapers are required.
- Double disc coulter
- Creates a precise seed furrow
- Press wheel-controlled (5 cm or 7.5 cm wide)
- Uniformer prevents the grains from bouncing
- Inside scraper prevents blocking and clogging of the coulters
- Coulter pressure up to 125 kg via rubber torsion
- Designed for precise seed placement at high operational speeds
- Allows for an even and safe emergence
A perfect embedding of the seed and an immediate seed-soil contact are important for a safe and even emergence. HORSCH perfectly copes with the challenge to achieve this objective even at high operational speeds. The solution is called TurboDisc. The double disc coulter that has been used and constantly developed further by HORSCH for more than 20 years excels due to its precise seed placement. The press wheel-controlled coulter design allows for a quick following of the soil contours at high speeds. Thus, the set placement depth can be kept up for every single grain.
The double disc seed coulter with a maintenance-free bearing opens the soil and thus allows for an undisturbed seed placement. The integrated Uniformer ensures the fixing of the seed at the bottom of the seed furrow even at very high operational speeds. A carbide coated scraper keeps the space between the discs clean and thus prevents clogging even in sticky and wet conditions. The 5 cm or 7.5 cm wide press wheel then ensures an optimum seed-soil contact and an exact depth control.
In addition to the excellent following of the soil, the TurboDisc seed bar excels due to the easy operation: with regard to their adjustment, coulter pressure and seed depth do not influence each other. The maintenance-free rubber bearings of the seed coulters transfer a coulter pressure of up to125 kg and thus guarantee a smooth coulter – up to an operational speed of 20 km/h. Furthermore, the rubber bearing serves as an overload protection and a shock absorber for stones.
- Parallelogram controlled double disc coulter
- Coulter pressure up to 150 kg is possible
- Ideal for difficult conditions
- Long service life due to massive components
The new HORSCH ParaDisc coulter is ideal for difficult conditions and ensures a safe seed placement with coulter pressures of up to 150 kg per individual row even in a dry hard seedbed. It is equipped with well-known HORSCH components like the Uniformer, a moving scraper and the well-proven bearing technology. The experiences from the Maestro single grain seed drills and the PowerDisc seed coulter of the Serto SC were included in the design.
- Both components are metered separately and are transported together via the distribution tower or the distribution towers into the seed coulter.
- The G & F system double hopper system allows for simultaneously applying seed and fertiliser as contact fertilisation.
- The fertiliser is immediately available to the young plant and thus contributes to a quick early growth. This system should only be used in appropriate climatic conditions and with the assistance of a crop production consultant.
- Not only seed and fertiliser, but also 2 different seeds can be transported, metered and sown separately.
The G & F system double hopper system allows for simultaneously applying seed and fertiliser as contact fertilisation. Both metering devices meter into one common distribution tower. Seed and fertiliser are thus placed together in one furrow. The fertiliser is immediately available to the young plant and thus contributes to a quick early growth. This system should only be used in appropriate climatic conditions and with the assistance of a crop production consultant. Not only seed and fertiliser, but also 2 different seeds can be transported, metered and sown separately.
- Allows for applying 2 components in 2 horizons at the same time
- PPF disc system, separate single disc coulters allow for a placement below and between the seed coulters.
- As seed and fertiliser are placed separately, high quantities can be applied in dry conditions.
- Thus, the created fertiliser depot can be used optimally by the plant and encourages the roots to grow downwards.
- When sowing catch crops, coarse-grained legumes for example can be applied in a deep seed horizon while another component is placed more shallowly via the TurboDisc seed coulters.
The PPF-system allows for simultaneously applying seed and fertiliser. Via separate fertiliser coulters, the fertiliser is placed a few centimetres below the seed furrow in the wet soil. As seed and fertiliser are placed separately, high quantities can be applied in dry conditions. Thus, the created fertiliser depot can be used optimally by the plant and encourages the roots to grow downwards. When sowing catch crops, coarse-grained legumes for example can be applied in a deep seed horizon while another component is placed more shallowly via the TurboDisc seed coulters.
With regard to the MiniDrill HORSCH offers various versions.
- The MiniDrill can be used as a second or third hopper for seed, fertiliser or microgranular compounds. It can either meter into the seed coulters or into an optional PPF disc system.
- The MiniDrill with a capacity of 400 l
- Example- 400 l of rape seed in the MiniDrill allow for filling the other hoppers with mineral fertiliser.
- Filling stops are easily reduced, and you gain valuable time for sowing. Thus, when sowing rape, the efficiency of the machine almost doubles.
With regard to the MiniDrill HORSCH offers various versions.
The MiniDrill can be used as a second or third hopper for seed, fertiliser or microgranular compounds. It can either meter into the seed coulters or into an optional PPF disc system. The MiniDrill with a capacity of 400 l, filled with rape seed, allows for filling the other hoppers with mineral fertiliser. Filling stops are easily reduced, and you gain valuable time for sowing. Thus, when sowing rape, the efficiency of the machine almost doubles.
The MiniDrill Solo versions allow for three further application options.
- This further component is applied via deflector plates on the surface of the field.
- In this case, you can use the MiniDrill to take along microgranular compound, underseeds or slug pellets
- • The solo versions of the MiniDrill are equipped with an own fan, an own pneumatic system with a separate distributor tower and baffles
- There are three options for the position of the baffles
- Between or behind the seed coulters or at the optional Crossbar in front of the tyre packer of the Pronto
The possibility to place three different components precisely on three different seed horizons makes the Pronto with double hopper PPF a perfect catch crop seed drill. Via the PPF discs in front of the tyre packer field beans for example can be placed deeply, on the normal horizon the seed coulters can sow vetches, and grass or clover are applied via the deflectors. The placement of catch crops in the optimum seed horizon, the application of microgranular compound or slug pellets as well as the possibility to sow underseeds illustrate the variety of uses of the MiniDrill mounted on the Pronto DC.