SETS STANDARDS IN PLANT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY
To achieve more in a shorter time with less machines – due to this strategy companies today manage to work successfully and to remain competitive. As a manufacturer of plant production technology it is our objective to support the farmers with efficient and precise technology.
Our engineers work hard to find the appropriate solutions for the special requirements on application technology in the plant protection sector and to design an efficient and flexible machine for a wide range of use.
The result is a new generation of the Leeb VL that combines driving comfort, performance and maximum application efficiency. The new VL leaves nothing to be desired and offer even more possibilities than before: more clearance, more driving comfort, more climbing power, a wider selection with regard to the working width. In short: The VL offers almost infinite variability for highest requirements on technology and on driving experience.
Large tires – optimized ground pressure
- Four equally sized tires with a diameter of up to 7 ft and a width of up to 2 ft guarantee maximum contact area with an adapted air pressure.
- Optimum traction even in difficult conditions
- Traction control system (TCS) for optimum traction control
- Excellent maneuverability due to standard all-wheel steering
- The central tube frame allows for a turning radius of only 10 ft.
- No greasing spots at the whole basic machine as only maintenance-free bearing are used.
- The front cabin on the central tube frame and the boom in parallelogram suspension guarantee an optimum weight distribution – on the road and in the field.
- The arrangement allows for enough space for a tank capacity of up to 1600 gallon and a constantly high driving stability with an optimum weight distribution of 50 : 50.
- The hydropneumatic single wheel suspension adapts automatically to the ground in a levelling way. This guarantees an extremely comfortable driving experience and the BoomControl is supported positively.
- Due to the smooth driving characteristics, the boom control system easily manages to keep the balance even at higher speeds.
Automotive drive control
- Automotive drive control with standard equipment:
- Maximum load control
- Overspeed control
- Driving with reduced motor speed
- Speed control
- Headland management
- The hardness of the suspension set-up is automatically adapted when changing from road to field mode.
- The driving strategy can either be determined with the accelerator pedal or with the control lever. For changing you do not have to switch.
PowerGear wheels gears with intelligent drive
- Infinitely variable from 0 – 31 mph
- The efficiency factor in the main working range has been specially optimized for the use in the plant protection sector
- Intelligent all-wheel drive: dynamically distributed drive torque – powerful and efficient
- Selective traction control for every tire
- Due to larger wheel motors at the rear axle and the corresponding higher driving power, the VL easily manages any terrain.
- Two gear box versions, depending on the field of application:
- PowerGear with powerful drive even at steep slopes
- HighPowerGear for more torque at the wheel and highest requirements in the field
Leeb VL details
- 6300 liter/1600 gallon tank
- Optimized weight distribution due to the arrangement at the central tube frame with individual wheel suspension, front cabin and parallelogram suspension of the boom
- Automotive drive control
- Optimized hose laying reduces hose lengths to a minimum
- Boom suspension has been designed as a parallelogram suspension – spring-loaded and damped hydraulically.
- Soft and smooth boom position even in hilly terrain and at a high operational speed
- The geometry of the parallelogram has been designed in such a way that the boom is kept close to the axle. The suspension is extremely warp resistant and thus ideal for the automatic boom control systems Leeb BoomControl.
- Nozzle protection against mechanical damage of the nozzles and wind protection when a spraying fan develops
High-efficiency hydraulic system
- The core of the Load Sensing system is a powerful axial piston pump with an operating pressure of 210 bar.
- A pump capacity of 84 gallon allows for carrying out all tasks easily.
Comfort, safety and functionality
- Comfort and functionality are important characteristics of the new HORSCH Leeb VL: A lot of features like the individual wheel suspension, seat and armrest suspension, driving dynamics and the large cabin interior guarantee a new dimension of driving experience.
- The spacious cabin offers an optimum view on the machine and the population and the inside leaves nothing to be desired.
- A premium comfort seat: active vibration damping, seat heating and seat ventilation guarantee the driver a luxury driving experience.
- Due to the excellent insulation, dust and noise remain outside.
- A powerful automatic air-conditioning with heating guarantees a comfortable indoor climate.
- Cabin filter Cat. IV to protect the user from dust, aerosols and steam
- Heated power mirrors
- The height and the inclination of the steering column can be adjusted.
- The display for the vehicle functions and the speedometer are located at the A column.
- The ISOBUS terminal for the spraying function is integrated in the armrest.
- The ErgoControl armrest can be adjusted in height and in length and is equipped with integrated ergonomic control elements and a joystick.
- Passenger seat as well as numerous compartments and cooling compartment
- Radio with Bluetooth interface
Optimum working conditions at night
- Four working lights are mounted on the cabin roof as a standard.
- Four working lights incl. TrackFinder are available additionally.
There are sufficient storage compartment everywhere on and in the cabin of the PT
- Dust- and splash-proof boxes are integrated at the control center and at the diesel tank.
- A storage compartment for example tools is located below the cabin.
Strong, convincing arguments
- Extremely comfortable chassis ComfortDrive: hydropneumatic individual wheel suspension with active level regulation
- Stable chassis in light-weight design due to central tube frame
- Infinitely variable, hydrostatic single wheel drive and automotive driving
- Economic driving due to intelligent drive control
- Top speed on the road up to 31 mph
- Operational speed to 15+ mph
- Various steering versions are standard
- Minimized slip and soil pressure due to very large tire diameter of up to 7 ft
- 1600 gallon tank
- Well-proven boom construction up to 120 feet
- Well-known HORSCH Leeb BoomControl boom control system
- Optimum boom position even at high operational speeds due to individual wheel suspension and parallel suspension of the boom
- Practical control terminals and an ergonomic joystick for an intuitive handling, perfectly adapted to the application requirements
- Continuous inside cleaning CCS Pro with electrical valves and external control terminal; spraying and cleaning functions can be controlled in the cabin
- Automatic GPS-controlled section control system SectionControl
- Camera system with monitor as a rearview camera and to control the spraying nozzles at the middle section of the boom
- LED headlights for boom apron lighting
- LED working lights on cabin roof incl. TrackFinder and cornering light
- NightLight for nozzle cone lighting incl. cleaning
- Rotating signal lights
- Splash guard tarpaulins at the boom behind the wheels
- Exhaust function for residual quantity
- Induction hopper made of stainless steel
- Outside cleaning
- Wind gauge
- Drag hose system
- Cat. IV filter system for cabin
- Safety kit with reflective vest, warning light and first-aid-kit
- Fire exinguisher
- Support for N sensor