Avatar SD raises the bar on the integral fill single disk drill market, taking it to a whole new level. A completely revolutionary concept, the Avatar SD combines an agile two-tank design, the most precise volumetric metering system on the market, an agronomic based platform, and the lowest maintenance opener system on the market. In fact, maintenance of the unit consists of only a handful of service points. Close attention to detail has been placed on every aspect of the design. Two individual tanks with a metering system on each create an agile unit when multiple products are needed. Unique chassis system is slim for safe, narrow transport along with a weight transfer system during operation. The single rank tool bar gives easy access for adjustments. The Avatar SD takes a complete common-sense approach in design to incorporate basic agronomic principals for securing maximum yield potentials.
A seeding concept that is capable of many different tasks is an asset in any farming operation. First off, the Avatar SD chassis is uniquely designed to incorporate two independent tanks and metering systems. Use this configuration at total capacity of 166 bushels, or split 50/50 for two products to be placed in-furrow. Whether seeding wheat with a granular starter fertilizer, splitting up cover crop seed for more precise metering, or variable planting two varieties of soybeans as dual-hybrid, having two tanks on an integral single disc drill opens many opportunities to maximize the planting/seeding window. Configured on a 10 inch row spacing, a simple distribution tower insert quickly converts the unit to 20 inch row spacing. Narrow transport of only 12 feet offers safe and easy transportation even on the narrowest roads. Large diameter chassis tires give extra floatation in soft field conditions. And with a single row of openers the “stepping” affect is eliminated, creating opportunity for faster seeding speeds pending field conditions.
Uniform product distribution with the HORSCH pneumatic distribution system. This contributes to excellent row-to-row product uniformity coefficient of variation and assures row to row rate accuracy across full working width. Uniform crop stand promotes uniform crop maturing and harvest.
Dual product capacity on this machine uses total capacity for seed or 50/50 with seed/starter fertilizer. For cover crops, individually meter two seed types. Studies have shown that using in-furrow starter fertilizer in cereal and oilseed crops has proven yield advantages.
Product carrying capacity with 66% more product carrying capacity vs competitive units which means you can secure more planted acres within the optimum window, securing maximum yield potentials and increasing seeding/planting efficiency by reducing fill time.
Proven electronic meter system with our electronic motor driven meter system provides superior metering accuracy, precisely applying the rate per acre of product needed. It‘s ultra-accurate calibration of meter ensures proper application rate and can be used with oil seeds, pulses, soybeans, edible beans, sunflowers, cereal grains, and a wide variety of fertilizers / soil amendments. Changing between seed types is made very easy by simply switching the metering roller to match your seed size. Half-width section control is also available for overlap management.
- Full concept integral fill single disc drill system that defines seeding precision and maximizing efficiency during planting/seeding season.
- Dual product capacity at 166 bushels (83 bushel per tank) allows versatility when seeding different crops or including fertilizer with seed in the furrow.
- Industry leading calibration and rate accuracy with globally proven electric drive metering system.
- Simple conversion between crops and smooth single point cleanout.
- Standard weight transfer system stabilizes toolbar which stabilizes opener units for precise soil engagement.
- Weight transfer system takes weight of the cart and distributes it to the toolbar and aids in elimination of wheel tracks.
- Openers feature rubber torsion mount design, eliminating pin and bushing maintenance time and costs.
- 6 degree opener blade angle with a pitch of 3 degrees offers compound angle of engagement with lower draft requirements and easier furrow closure.
- Largest disc bearings in the industry designed specifically for single disc applications.
- Openers feature seed locking wheel for uniform seed embedment in furrow.
- 550 pounds of available opener down pressure.
- Single rank toolbar with 10 inch row spacing eliminates stepping affects and can be used at faster speeds pending field conditions.
- All opener adjustments easily accomplished from rear of machine.
- Narrow transport at only 12 feet for safe roadway travel.
- Variety of closing wheel options available.
- ISOBUS implement control allows use of industry or HORSCH virtual terminals for planter operation and precision farming tasks.•
To get a volume of seed/fertilizer uniformly distributed and precisely placed takes a full concept approach. Seeding precision starts with tank design. Proper angle of repose insures proper product flow to the meter. Positive cleanout sump design always keeps meter properly filled and allows for quick thorough clean out when changing between products. Globally proven electric motor drive metering system provides industry leading calibration and rate accuracy. Smooth routing and transition of primary hoses up to the seed towers maintain uniform product flow. Precisely engineered air tower technology concentrates product flow uniformly upward towards the distribution manifold. Having this uniform flow directed up the center of the air tower is imperative to accurately distribute product volume evenly to each manifold port that leads to opener. All distribution manifold hosing has a consistent downward routing to the openers, free of any loops or drastic directional changes to insure precise volume output per opener and uniform product flow. Weight transfer system stabilizes the toolbar which in turn stabilizes the row units for consistent soil engagement and precise depth control. Precise furrow creation and seed placement by the opener along with firming sets the stage for uniform emergence and overall crop uniformity. Weight transfer system also aids in eliminating pinch rows created by wheel tracks, leaving a uniform and consistent soil structure for placement of each seed.
The heart of the Avatar SD’s design comes from a keep it simple, minimum maintenance mindset. Full implement operation is done through an ISOBUS control system. Use ISO virtual terminals to control the unit, fold/unfold, for calibration, and for precision farming applications. Simple and ultra-accurate product calibrations are easily accomplished with the flip of a switch. Openers use an exclusive rubber torsion mount design, eliminating pivot pins, bushings, and grease points. In fact, lubrication of the unit consists of 8 total grease points. All opener adjustments can be made from the rear of the unit, setting the toolbar at desired height for adjustments. Transport is simplified at only 12’ wide for safe travel on roadways.
|HORSCH Avatar SD
|Weight on Axle
|Weight on Hitch
|11 ft 6 in
|12 ft 6 in
|27 ft 4 in
|Number of Seed Coulters
|48 - Rowing Spacing 10 in
|Seed Tank size
|2-83 Bushel Tanks
|Seed Coulter Pressure
|Seed Coulter Diameter
|Closing Wheel Diameter
|Depth Control Wheel Diameter
|Double-Acting Control Devices
|Number-Size of Tires Transport
|Depressurized return flow(Max. 75 psi)
|Oil quantity, hydr. Fan
|Cat 4/ Cat 5