ISOBUS operational concepts
After long years of experience in the crop care sector the intuitive handling concept of the HORSCH Leeb technology has been optimised, extended and is now successively introduced in the seed drill sector.
The innovative handling concept facilitates the adjustment, handling and monitoring of the machine for the farmer. To meet the individual requirements of the machine operators on handling, the terminal interface can be configured freely.
By means of the software a fully diagnoseable platform was created that can control an almost unlimited number of sections and components.
The ISOBUS TaskController allows for easily transferring data from the PC to the terminal. It also is possible to transfer and document seed rates, sown hectares and other data that were recorded while sowing from the terminal to the PC.
This facilitates the administration of the acreage index. Orders can be created and worked off via the integrated order handling management.
Advantages of the TaskController
- Uncomplicated data exchange
- Automatic documentation
- Structured working due to data management
- Simple administration of the acreage index
- Simple accounting and proof for contract services
When using a HORSCH Touch 800 / 1200 Terminal you can also use the MultiControl function. If SectionControl is activated, MultiControl allows for switching on and off seed and fertiliser independently. If sowing is carried out in a site-specific way with VariableRate, MultiControl varies the quantity of fertiliser and seed independently. Without MultiControl, SectionControl allows for either switching on and off either seed or fertiliser at the right time respectively VariableRate allows for varying either seed or fertiliser.
ISOBUS VariableRate allows for a site-specific application of seed and fertiliser. Thus, with an appropriate application card for every section within a field the optimum quantity of fertiliser and seed can be applied.
Advantages of VariableRate
- Saving of seed and fertiliser as only the necessary quantity is applied
- Homogeneous emergence with an optimum number of grains/m²
- Simple and quick documentation– The different application rates are documented automatically.– Uncomplicated transmission to the acreage index
- Reduced stress for the driver– Fields are drilled or fertilised automatically with the optimum application rate
- Protection of the environment– Only the necessary amount of fertiliser is applied.
The ISOBUS SectionControl function allows for an automatic half-width control. Via GPS the current position is identified. Thus, at field boundaries, on the headlands, in case of overlaps or in defined areas sections (half-widths) or the whole working widths are switched off automatically.
When using a HORSCH Touch 800 / 1200 Terminal you can additionally use the MultiControl function. It automatically switches the application of fertiliser and seed on and off independently. Without MultiControl either fertiliser or seed can be switched on and off at the right time.
Advantages of SectionControl
- Saving of seed and fertiliser as overlaps on the headlands and at the field boundaries are reduced to a minimum
- Constant working quality on the whole field
- Productivity increase under various conditions (day and night, fog)
- Reduced stress for the driver
- Protection of the environment