The Transformer VF is in a class of its own when it comes to mechanical weed control. When beginning design on this unit, we wanted a machine all farmers could use in their farming operations. With this unit being fully adjustable to row spacing and finishing options, it is adaptable to fulfill all needs. With an integrated camera system to precisely detect rows in the field, and capable of being used in high crops, it‘s sure to satisfy any application. Transformer is built with a fully integrated sliding frame which in conjunction with the camera system make this unit the most accurate of its kind. Simply put, this machine sets the standard in mechanical weed control.
VF stands for VariableFrame – a sturdy and versatile frame for the most different applications.
Advantages of Transformer VF
- Integrated ISOBUS SectionControl feature ensures consistent working quality on whole field and eliminates overlapping.
- Well proven camera system can detect plants as small as 1 inch.
- Adjustable tines allows for cultivation in a wide variety of crop spacings.
- The tine is welded to a slim shaft for little movement of the soil and can cut very shallow.
- Folds into five sections and cylinder of the 180 degree folding is located in a protected position inside the frame.
- Flex due to double lifting cylinders allows for excellent adaptation to hilly terrain in floating position.
- Stable parallelogram, bearing, and large tires for a long operating life and good working effects, even on heavy and rocky soils.
- Simple and quick adjustment of working depth without any tools.
39ft working width
Special features of the 39ft version
- Folds in five sections
- Cylinder of the 180° folding is located in a protected position inside the frame
- Stable, hydraulically adjustable support wheels
- Bending due to double lifting cylinders for a 90° folding allows for:
- More comfortable turning due to slightly raised side wings
- Excellent adaption to hilly terrain due to floating position in working position
Details and highlights
- Frame height of over 2 feet allows for a late use in high crops.
- Inside clamping profile guarantees maximum variability with regard to the arrangement of the tools and at the same time allows for a compact design for large working widths.
- Torsional stiffness and stability due to frame concept with square tube and welded clamping profile.
- Fully integrated side sliding frame with a range of 18 inches which saves weight, allows for a low overall design depth, and leads to more precision.
- Stable 3-bar parallelogram for different row spacings – 29,5 inch (75 cm), 19,6 inch (50 cm) and the respectively corresponding 9,8 inch (25 cm).
- With a row spacing of 9,8 inch (25 cm) two resp. 3-rows are hoed with one parallelogram
- Simple and quick adjustment of the working depth without any tools
- Wide parallelogram, stable bearing and large tyres for a long operating life and good working effects, even on heavy and stony soils
- Hydraulic body retraction for a transport width of 9,8ft (3m) and SectionControl
- Optionally available with a double-acting cylinder, for coulter pressure
- Well-proven technology
- Efficient weed control by driving close to the plants
- Perfect for organic and conventional farming, especially for populations with herbicide resistances
- Wide range of application due to colour-independent 3D row detection
- Colour selection in 2D mode guarantees more applications possibilities
- Small plants as of 2 cm can be detected
- Proportional valve for smoother and more precise movement of the frame
- Two cameras, one at the left and one at the right side
- Lighting kit to be able to work at night and in bad lighting conditions
The ISOBUS SectionControl function allows for an automatic lifting of the individual row. The current position is detected via GPS. meaning the parallelograms are lifted individually automatically at field boundaries, on the headlands, in case of overlaps or in defined areas.
Advantages of SectionControl
- Overlapping on the headlands and at field boundaries is reduced.
- Constant working quality on the whole field.
- Increased productivity under various conditions (day and night, fog).
- Relief of the driver.
- Precise lifting of the individual row at high operational speeds.
- Lifting height approximately 8 inches.
|HORSCH Transformer||6 VF||9 VF||12 VF|
|Working width (m)||6.00||9.00 / 6.00||12.00|
|Transport width (m)||2.95||2.95||2.95|
|Transport height (m)||3.10||3.50||3.95|
|Weight (kg)*||1 700||2 950||3 500|
|Row spacing (cm)||25 / 30 / 45 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 75 / 80||25 / 30 / 45 / 50 / 70 / 75||25 / 30 / 45 / 50 / 70 / 75|
|Tyre size support wheels||23 / 10.50 – 12||23 / 10.50 – 12||23 / 10.50 – 12|
|Frame height in the field (mm)||660||660||660|
|DA control devices||2||4||5|
|3-point (linkage)||Cat. II / III||Cat. III||Cat. III|
|Horsepower requirement from (kW/hp)||90 / 120||140 / 190||180 / 250|
* Weights of the machines with a row spacing of 75 cm