The Leeb PT:
SETS STANDARDS IN PLANT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY
To achieve more in a shorter time with less machines – due to this strategy companies today manage to work successfully and to remain competitive. As a manufacturer of plant production technology it is our objective to support the farmers with efficient and precise technology.
Our engineers work hard to find the appropriate solutions for the special requirements on application technology in the plant protection sector and to design an efficient and flexible machine for a wide range of use.
The result is a new generation of the Leeb PT that combines driving comfort, performance and maximum application efficiency. The new PT leaves nothing to be desired and offer even more possibilities than before: more clearance, more driving comfort, more climbing power, a wider selection with regard to the working width. In short: The PT offers almost infinite variability for highest requirements on technology and on driving experience.
Large tyres – optimised ground pressure
- Four equally sized tyres with a diameter of up to 2.18 m and a width of up to 71 cm guarantee maximum contact area with an adapted air pressure.
- Optimum traction even in difficult conditions
- Traction control system (TCS) for optimum traction control
- Excellent manoeuvrability due to standard all-wheel steering
- The central tube frame allows for a turning radius of only 3 m.
- No greasing spots at the whole basic machine as only maintenance-free bearing are used.
- The front cabin on the central tube frame and the boom in parallelogramm suspension guarantee an optimum weight distribution – on the road and in the field.
- The arrangement allows for enough space for a tank capacity of up to 8 000 liter and a constantly high driving stability with an optimum weight distribution of 50 : 50.
- At the standard chassis ComfortDrive every tyre is mounted individually at a double control arm suspension. Thus, the driving comfort is similar to the one of a car.
- The hydropneumatic single wheel suspension adapts automatically to the ground in a levelling way. This guarantees an extremely comfortable driving experience and the BoomControl is supported positively.
- Due to the smooth driving characteristics, the boom control system easily manages to keep the balance even at higher speeds.
- The flexible clearance of up to 1.35 m (depending on the tyres) allows for protecting the plants while working even in high populations.
Automotive drive control
- Automotive drive control with standard equipment:
- Maximum load control
- Overspeed control
- Driving with reduced motor speed
- Speed control
- Headland management
- The hardness of the suspension set-up is automatically adapted when changing from road to field mode.
- The driving strategy can either be determined with the accelerator pedal or with the control lever. For changing you do not have to switch.
- According to the current EU emission standard Tier 5
- 6.7 liter six-cylinder FPT engine
- Turbo motor with charge air cooling
- The Common-Rail system convinces with an impressive performance of max. 230 kW / 310 hp.
- Maximum torque of 1 160 Nm as of 1 500 rpm
- 40 resp. 50 km/h on the read with 1 500 rpm
- In field mode when the boom is folded in up to 25 km/h and up to 32 km/h when the boom is folded out at 1 300 rpm and load-dependent adaption
PowerGear wheels gears with intelligent drive
- Infinitely variable from 0 – 50 km/h
- The efficiency factor in the main working range has been specially optimised for the use in the plant protection sector
- Intelligent all-wheel drive: dynamically distributed drive torque – powerful and efficient
- Selective traction control for every tyre
- Due to larger wheel motors at the rear axle and the corresponding higher driving power, the PT easily manages any terrain.
- Two gear box versions, depending on the field of application:
- PowerGear with powerful drive even at steep slopes
- HighPowerGear for more torque at the wheel and highest requirements in the field
- Approx. 50 % incline
- HighPowerGear shows its strength especially with low operational speed and extreme inclines.
- When driving slowly below approx. 8 km/h or if the machine is on the verge of getting stuck, HighPowerGear provides the required power reserves to manage the most difficult situations.
Leeb PT details
- 6 000 liter tank made of polyethylene or 8 000 liter tank made of stainless steel
- Optimised weight distribution due to the arrangement at the central tube frame with individual wheel suspension, front cabin and parallelogram suspension of the boom
- Automatic level regulation of the chassis with a clearance of up to 1.35 m
- Automotive drive control
- Optimised hose laying reduces hose lengths to a minimum
- Boom suspension has been designed as a parallelogram suspension – spring-loaded and damped hydraulically.
- Soft and smooth boom position even in hilly terrain and at a high operational speed
- The geometry of the parallelogram has been designed in such a way that the boom is kept close to the axle. The suspension is extremely warp resistant and thus ideal for the automatic boom control systems Leeb BoomControl.
- Nozzle protection against mechanical damage of the nozzles and wind protection when a spraying fan develops
High-efficiency hydraulic system
- The core of the Load Sensing system is a powerful axial piston pump with an operating pressure of 210 bar.
- A pump capacity of 320 liter allows for carrying out all tasks easily.
Comfort, safety and functionality
- Comfort and functionality are important characteristics of the new HORSCH Leeb PT: A lot of features like the individual wheel suspension, seat and armrest suspension, driving dynamics and the large cabin interior guarantee a new dimension of driving experience.
- The spacious cabin offers an optimum view on the machine and the population and the inside leaves nothing to be desired.
- A premium comfort seat: active vibration damping, seat heating and seat ventilation guarantee the driver a luxury driving experience.
- Due to the excellent insulation, dust and noise remain outside.
- A powerful automatic air-conditioning with heating guarantees a comfortable indoor climate.
- Cabin filter Cat. IV to protect the user from dust, aerosols and steam
- Heatable power mirrors
- The height and the inclination of the steering column can be adjusted.
- The display for the vehicle functions and the speedometer are located at the A column.
- The ISOBUS terminal for the spraying function is integrated in the armrest.
- The ErgoControl armrest can be adjusted in height and in length and is equipped with integrated ergonomic control elements and a joystick.
- Passenger seat as well as numerous compartments and cooling compartment
- DAB radio with bluetooth interface
Optimum working conditions at night
- Four working lights are mounted on the cabin roof as a standard.
- Four working lights incl. TrackFinder are available additionally.
There are sufficient storage compartment everywhere on and in the cabin of the PT
- Dust- and splash-proof boxes are integrated at the control centre and at the diesel tank.
- A storage compartment for for example tools is located below the cabin.
Cabin comfort package (optional)
- Mobile phone holder and cupholder
- Velours floor mat and footrest at the steering column
- Sun protection blind at the doors at the left and at the right
Strong, convincing arguments
- Extremely comfortable chassis ComfortDrive: hydropneumatic individual wheel suspension with active level regulation
- Stable chassis in light-weight design due to central tube frame
- High, all-over clearance up to 1.35 m in field mode
- Infinitely variable, hydrostatic single wheel drive and automotive driving
- 6.7 liter six-cylinder FPT engine with 310 hp
- Economic driving due to intelligent drive control
- Top speed on the road up to 50 km/h
- Operational speed up to 32 km/h
- Various steering versions are standard
- Minimised slip and soil pressure due to very large tyre diameter of up to 2.18 m
- 6 000 liter tank made of polyethylene or 8 000 liter tank made of stainless steel
- Well-proven boom construction up to 45 m
- Well-known HORSCH Leeb BoomControl boom control system
- Optimum boom positioin even at high operational speeds due to individual wheel suspension and parallel suspension of the boom
- Practical control terminals and an ergonomic joystick for an intuitive handling, perfectly adapted to the application requirements
- Continuous inside cleaning CCS Pro with electrical valves and external control terminal; spraying and cleaning functions can be controlled in the cabin
- Automatic GPS-controlled section control system SectionControl
- Up to 42 section with individual layout
- Innovations like PrecisionSpray
- Camera system with monitor as a rearview camera and to control the spraying nozzles at the middle section of the boom
- LED headlights for boom apron lighting
- LED working lights on cabin roof incl. TrackFinder and cornering light
- NightLight for nozzle cone lighting incl. cleaning
- Rotating signal lights
- Splash guard tarpaulins at the boom behind the wheels
- Exhaust function for residual quantity
- Induction hopper made of stainless steel
- Outside cleaning
- Wind gauge
- Drag hose system
- Cat. IV filter system for cabin
- Safety kit with reflective vest, warning light and first-aid-kit
- Fire exinguisher
- Support for N sensor
- Cabin comfort package
|HORSCH Leeb||6.300 PT||8.300 PT|
|Water-cooled motor||FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) N67|
|Power (kW/HP)||230 / 310|
|Number of cylinders / cooling||6 / water / turbo with intercooler|
|Displacement (cm 3 )||6 700|
|Nominal speed (rpm)||2 000|
|Max. torque (Nm/speed)||1 160 / 1 500|
|Tank capacity Diesel / AdBlue (l)||450 / 45|
|Emission standard||Level V|
|Gearbox type||Wheel hub drive|
|Working range||Field / road|
|Speeds||Field: 0 – 25 km/h with folded booms; road: 0 – 32 km/h with boom folded out / optional 0 – 50 km/h; top speed possible at 1 500 rpm|
|All wheel drive||Permanent, rear axle swith-off in road mode beyond 30 km/h|
|Chassis suspension||Suspension via double control arm and portal|
|Axle suspension||Hydropneumatic suspension with active level regulation, automatic switching between soft and hard suspension set-up when changing between field and road mode|
|Underbody||Continuously smooth, plant protecting vehicle underside|
|Rear axle||Hydraulic-electric steering, automatic centring and locking during road transport|
|Types of steering||Only front axle steering (road mode), all-wheel steering (field mode), automatic slope steering, manual rear axle steering also possible|
|Service brake||Hydrostatic high-performance brake, front axle with integrated, wet multi-disc brake|
|Parking brake||Multiple disc brake, operated hydraulically via spring accumulator|
|Traction drive pump (cm³)||175|
|Working hydraulics pump (cm³)||160|
|Working pressure (bar)||200|
|Alternator (V)||14 / 200|
|Battery (Ah/A)||180 / 1 000|
|Wiring||CAN-Bus / ISOBUS|
|Interface to superstructure||ISOBUS with voltage supply|
|Electronic travel control|
|Over revving control|
|Cruise control function|
|Automotive driving via accelerator pedal or control lever (speed via pedal or joystick; motor speed and hydrostat regulate themselves automatically)|
|Front cabin with an interior volume of 3.5 m³ and a glass surface of 7.0 m²|
|Automatic climate control / heating|
|Comfort seat with air suspension, vibration damping and seat ventilation|
|Numerous compartments and a cooling compartment|
|Control lever is integraed in the ergonomic control armrest|
|Radio with bluetooth interface|
|Display field in A column for vehicle functions and speedometer|
|ISOBUS terminal for spraying functions is integrated in the control armrest|
|Optional: Automatic Cat. IV cabin filter system|
|Standard tyres (other tyres upon request)|
|VF 520 / 85 R46|
|Measures and weights|
|Unladen weight (kg)||Depending on the equipment approx. 11 200|
|Max. allowed total weight (kg)||Wheel drive PowerGear 18 000 kg / Wheel drive HighPowerGear 20 000 kg|
|Max. total weight field (kg)||24 000 (depending on the tyres)|
|Ground clearance (mm)||approx. 1 350 depending on the tyres and the position of the suspension|
|Wheel base (mm)||3 900|
|Track width (mm)||200 – 225|
|Length (mm)||approx. 9 800 (depending on the boom version and the tyres)|
|Height (mm)||3 980|
|Total width (mm)||2 550 (tyres and mudguards can be wider)|
|Mixture tank||Polyethylene (PE)||Stainless steel|
|Mixture tank nominal capacity (l)||6 000||8 000|
|Mixture tank actual capacity (l)||6 350||8 450|
|Fresh water tank (l)||550||550|
|Hand-wash tank (l)||15||15|
|Working widths||24 / 15 5 sect.|
|27 / 15 5 sect.|
|30 / 15 5 sect.|
|30 / 18 5 sect.|
|32 / 18 5 sect.|
|33 / 18 5 sect.|
|36 / 18 5 sect.|
|27 / 21 / 12 7 sect.|
|28 / 21 / 12 7 sect.|
|30 / 21 / 12 7 sect.|
|30 / 24 / (12) 7 sect.|
|32 / 24 / (12) 7 sect.|
|33 / 24 / (12) 7 sect.|
|36 / 24 / (12) 7 sect.|
|38 / 27 / (14) 7 sect.|
|39 / 27 / (14) 7 sect.|
|40 / 28 / (14) 7 sect.|
|42 / 28 / (14) 7 sect.|
|44 / 30 / (14) 7 sect.|
|45 / 30 / (14) 7 sect.|
|Section, min. / max. (piece)||6 – 42|
|Working height (m)||0.3 – 2.5 (depending on the selected tyres)|
|Pump output (l/min)||1 000|
|Working pressure, max. (bar)||8|
|Operational speed (km/h)||4 – 20|