Starting Wage: DOE
This position manages a geographical territory by maximizing sales of HORSCH products and parts while achieving customer satisfaction. Growing sales and developing the territory is considered a prime focus. The position will be responsible for: sales, sales support, dealer training, field technical assistance, customer demonstrations, project management, maintaining relationships with current dealers and customers. This includes fostering new dealer relationships and new dealer recruitment.
- Achieve successful volumes of sales for HORSCH products within an assigned sales territory.
- Achieve target market shares for HORSCH products consistent with company objectives.
- Prepare sales plans for assigned territory for HORSCH product lines.
- Provide sales forecasts to determine production volume required to meet sales objectives.
- Develop relationships with dealer personnel and end user customers to promote the HORSCH brand.
- Maintain customer leads lists to use as a sales tool for follow up with dealer salesmen.
- Develop dealers to improve sales results in all product categories.
- Increase dealer’s engagement in HORSCH products by the dealer maximizing sales in all relevant product categories.
- Provide sales training for dealers to provide them with a good understanding of the HORSCH company, product value and how HORSCH products can provide optimum agronomic solutions for customers.
- Prospect for new dealer distribution opportunities in open areas to have HORSCH represented in all product categories.
- Develop a dealer distribution plan that includes growing sales with existing dealers and recruiting dealers in open areas.
- Work closely with HORSCH marketing to develop marketing communication plans for the assigned territory. The Territory Manager should play a key role in the execution of the marketing plan.
- Work with dealers and potential dealers coordinating successful product demonstrations.
- Assist dealers with sales and technical communication information, as necessary.
- Generate ideas and solutions through customer relationships.
- Relay and address customer concerns to Horsch management team and follow up to assure that they are being addressed.
- Report activities to management weekly in regular written/emailed reports.
- Manage travel and other expenses within the defined annual budget plan.
- Experience in Agriculture equipment and equipment sales is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Agriculture industry is required
- Understanding of basic agronomic topics as it relates to current and future customer’s farming practices
- Farm background with knowledge of farm practices is an asset
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Strong knowledge of company products, processes, policies and distribution system or the ability to learn in a short amount of time
- Passion and commitment to company products
- Computer skills - including the ability to use communication and organization software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and email etc.
- Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and valid passport
- Two years higher education or equivalent relevant work experience
- Extensive travel is required for this position to include average weekly over-night stays of 3 nights per week.
- Individuals may need to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods.
- Long vehicle trips or plane flights may be required.
- The position may require walking at field demonstrations, trade shows, and customer sites.
- The position may require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.