This position maintains customer satisfaction/support and manages the entire Service Department inclusive of internal customer service support, product specialists in the field, warranty processing, inside sales of service and replacement parts, and technical writing and communication. This position manages departmental safety, training, scheduling, planning, appraisal, and all aspects of supervision. This position assists with product improvement, new product implementation, and engineering documentation.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications. Provide customer support as required.
- Support new and existing products through development.
- Maintain Service Department Library including all technical publications, parts books, owner’s manuals, and other technical manuals ensuring conformity to industrial and company standards.
- Generate ideas and solutions through customer relationships and failure analysis.
- Assist with manufacturing support relative to ongoing product assembly instructions.
- Assist Engineering with BOML, Engineering change orders and drawing creation as necessary.
- Responsible for Service Department sales and operating budget including analysis and controlling departmental expenditures ensuring conformity to budgetary requirements. Ensure all weekly expenses are submitted within requirements of company’s accounting procedures.
- Manages departmental safety, training, scheduling, planning, appraisal, and all aspects of supervision.
- Directs and supervises all Service personnel, all Inside Sales personnel, all Product Specialists, all Technical Writers/Communication personnel, and all Service Technicians.
- Manages warranty claims and maintain minimum replacement quantities. Work with customers to create a basic parts list.
- Manage customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems.
- Provides data and sales forecasts to materials for production scheduling and material requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in agricultural equipment and products.
- Acumen in technical writing, service, and engineering documentation.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Progressive supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills - including the ability to use communication and organization software such as Engineering Project Management, Microsoft Word, Excel, and email etc. with a functional knowledge of Solidworks and/or other CAD applications.
- Strong knowledge of company products, processes, policies, and distribution system.
- Passion and commitment to company products.
- Individuals may need to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods.
- Long vehicle trips or plane flights may be required.
- The position may require walking at field demonstrations, trade shows, and customer sites.
- The position may require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.