Location: Mapleton, ND or Downs, IL
Starting Wage: Starting at $80,000/DOE
The Sprayer Product Manager will manage the expansion into the Application Equipment (Sprayers) market. The role is responsible for managing the entire HORSCH LEEB product line for the United States. This includes understanding of U.S sprayer market, the needs of the customer and the utilization of sprayer technology. The sprayer product manager will have business unit responsibility for the sprayer product line including the market, profitability, customer support, dealer distribution and dealer standards.
- Maintain a superior level of customer support, to ensure the sprayers are operating at top performance to achieve a significant agronomic advantage.
- Follow and adjust a Product Launch Plan for a new sprayer product line in the U.S. market.
- Stay relevant in the sprayer market; observe trends, competitor updates, pricing, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on a product ordering forecast
- Develop and transfer knowledge within the team and the dealer network.
- Demonstrate sprayers and key product differentiations
- Provide customer sales and product support in person and by any other communication source.
- Generate ideas and solutions through customer relationships and failure analysis
- Assist engineering in prototype builds, parts installation, testing, and reporting
- Assist with field product support and report issues to Engineering and Service as appropriate
- Ability to make adjustments to the product in field applications
- Technical knowledge to make basic repairs and maintenance to the sprayer product line
- Assist in creating training materials including sales and service manuals
- Assist with internal and dealer sales and service trainings
- Assist at farm shows, dealer events and all marketing activities and plans
- Experience in the U.S. sprayer industry
- Experience in precision agricultural equipment, applications, products, and networks
- Hands on agricultural equipment selling, servicing, and operating skills, specializing in sprayers
- Self-motivated individual with passion for sprayers and the agricultural industry
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. The candidate must be comfortable
- communicating in a multicultural environment with internal and external parties.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions with or without supervision in a collaborative environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills - including the ability to use communication and organization software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email on laptop and smart phone
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Agribusiness, or Engineering is preferred
- Able to travel to Germany several times per year
- Extensive travel is required for this position to include average weekly over-night stays of 3 nights per week.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Individuals may need to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods.
- Long vehicle trips or plane flights may be required.
- The position may require walking at field demonstrations, trade shows, and customer sites.
- The position may require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.