Material Handler / Forklift Operator
Material Handler/Forklift Operator help are responsible for moving components from their stocked location to production bays to be assembled. Components are in multiple locations within the facility and brought to one of three production lines.
Wage Starting: $19/hr
- Assist with the physical movement of parts such as unloading of trucks and putting the components into their correct location
- Pulling parts from parts locations in and outside the warehouse using system generated pick lists for shipping/receiving, production, warehouse, and paint
- Packaging parts for outbound shipments
- Locate, interpret, and read engineering prints to identify correct parts
- Assist at times with delivering parts to assembly line in an organized and efficient manner
- Assist at times with the transferring and or issuing of parts in the parts inventory management system via a computer
- Assist at times with performing inventory transaction audits
- Perform inventory cycle counts
- Assist with various warehouse and logistics projects
- Follow all company safety rules and regulations
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Responsible for the proper use, and care of company tools
- Train and become certified in the use of forklifts, cranes, and other necessary machines
- Follow all quality standards and procedures
- Assist in assembly
- Assist with inside and outside facility and grounds cleaning and maintenance including snow removal, cleaning, mowing, and any other necessary tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills – including the ability to operate a computer to open documents in word, excel, and pdf
- Experience in operating forklifts, skid loaders, and pay loaders preferred
- Self-motivated and goal orientated personality
- Ability to take direction from supervisors
- Ability to make decisions with or at times without supervision
- Teamwork orientated
- Individuals may need to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods.
- The position may require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.