Being born in a transitional region dominated by small grains and row crops, the Panther distinguishes itself as an agile and highly efficient seeding concept. No other shank type seeder offers the superior residue flow in no-till conditions, control of soil flow and consistent opener engagement at high speeds, gentle furrow firming, and the overall capacity to maximize seeded acres per day. A lot of characteristics set the panther apart from the competition. These features include, its proven robust frame, high capacity air system, superior product distribution, heaviest shank trip force in the industry, disc leveling system for controlling soil flow, and ground-hugging pneumatic tire packing system. Simply put, the Panther is a complete concept approach to high efficiency in single pass seeding/fertilizer operations.
Whether seeding/planting small grains, oilseeds, row crops, or banding fertilizer, the Panther is an agile concept that adds value in many diverse operations. The unique 15 inch shank spacing allows for paired row seeding (7-7.5 inch row spacing), single rows on 15 inch spacing, or single/paired rows on 30 inch spacing. Simple change of opener preference allows for us of the Panther in many seedling/planting/fertilizer applications.
With few service points and wear components, the Panther’s design makes it one of the easiest and lowest cost air seeder platforms to maintain in the industry. Sealed bearing walking tandem pivots on the packers, no grease points on the shanks, and simple leveling/depth setting adjustments all benefit the most efficient platform.
Smooth routing and transition of primary hoses up to the seed towers maintain uniform product flow. Precisely engineered air tower technology concentrates product flow uniformly upward towards the distribution manifold. Having this uniform flow directed up the center of the air tower is imperative to accurately distribute product volume evenly to each manifold port that leads to opener. All distribution manifold hosing has a consistent downward routing to the openers, free of any loops or drastic directional changes to insure precise volume output per opener and uniform product flow.
- Proven robust concept designed for years of service.
- 15 inch shank spacing allows flexibility in seeding/planting small grains, oilseeds, row crops, and fertilizer banding application.
- 750lb trip force on shanks is heaviest in the industry, maintains consistent opener engagement at higher seeding speeds.
- Standard disc leveler system allows for higher seeding speeds, directing soil flow from opener back into furrow before packing, eliminating stepping affect.
- Proven double oscillating walking tandem pneumatic tire packing system precisely follows variable terrain and provides ideal furrow firming.
- Industry leading coefficient of variation accuracy (row to row) for product volume output.
- Superior row to row product volume output ensures consistent and uniform product distribution over entire working width.
- Smooth and directed hose routings ensure consistent sinusoidal flow of product at each opener.
- Single pass seeding with precision placement of seed and fertilizer in one pass.
- Optional cutting coulters mount in front of each shank, provide unmatched residue flow in no-till conditions while keeping machine in balance.
- Optional Sectional Control system (paired with SW600 only) saves on seed and fertilizer costs by eliminating costly overlap applications
|HORSCH Panther||440||460||460 Section Control|
|Working Width||40 ft||60 ft||60 ft|
|Transport Width||20 ft||20 ft||20 ft|
|Transport Height||16 ft||16 ft||16 ft|
|Length||29 ft||29 ft||30 ft|
|Shank to Shank||60 in||60 in||60 in|
|Under Frame||30 in||30 in||30 in|
|Road Clearance||16 in||16 in||16 in|
|Number of Openers||32||48||48|
|Opener Spacing||15 in||15 in||15 in|
|Custer Gauge Wheels:|
|Front Hitch||4‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)||4‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)||4‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)|
|Inner Wing||2‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)||2‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)||2‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)|
|Outer Wing||- -||2‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)||2‐15.5” x 16.5” (12 ply)|
|Edge‐on Trip Shank:|
|Trip Force||750 lb||750 lb||750 lb|
|Trip Distance||11.5 in||11.5 in||11.5 in|