In hybrid and mechanical weed control farming there is a need for a harrow, so we have designed one to be stronger, easier to operate, and more precise than the competition. We started with a closed frame construction made of square tubing which guarantees torsional stiffness for the tines while maintaining its lightweight and durability. We then added a spring and tine combination that together make the perfect pair. The double spring allows for a fine blind harrowing, while also being able to conqour working agressively. All of the features together of Cura ST make it a very universal tool and a must have in your equipment lineup.
Advantages of Cura ST
- Closed frame construction made of square tubing guarantees excellent torsional stiffness while maintaining lightweight and durability.
- Flex due to double lifting cylinders for a 90° folding allows for ease of turning due to slightly raised side wings and excellent adaption to hilly terrain due to cylinders being set to float position.
- Maximum frame height of 1.5 feet allows for harrowing crops at different maturities.
- Up to eleven support wheels can be used to maintain precise engagement of soil across entire machine.
- Position of the support wheels at the frame can be adapted to the spacing of the row crops.
- Folds in five sections to a transport width of 10 feet.
- Cylinder of the 180° folding is located in a protected position inside the frame (derived from the well-proven frame design of our tillage technology).
- Working width of 40 feet.
- Spring pressure hydraulically adjustable.
- Springs are attached above the frame and allow for a gentle harrowing of high populations.
- The double spring guarantees a wide selection of working pressure which allows for a fine, blind harrowing and also for working aggressively.
- Constant tine pressure for different tine positions allows for working on the contours, e. g. potato ridges.
- Tine length in the wear area: 5 inches
- Tines are connected and suspended individually.
- Laterally stable due to large bearing.
- 8 mm harrow tine, optionally available in a carbide coated version.
- The tine position is adjusted via height-adjustable support wheels.
- Cranked tine for a force transmission in the middle.
|HORSCH Cura||12 ST|
|Working width (m)||12.2|
|Transport width (m)||2.95|
|Transport height (m)||3.6|
|Bar spacing (mm)||200|
|Tine spacing (cm)||28|
|Weight (kg)||2 300|
|Tyre size support wheels||18 / 8.5 – 8|
|Frame height (mm)||450|
|DA control devices||4|
|3-point (linkage)||3-point Cat. III|
|Horsepower requirement from (kW/hp)||90 / 120|