Sprayer Leeb VL:
Well-known precision combined with flexibility
To achieve more in a shorter time with less machines – due to this strategy companies today manage to work successfully and to remain competitive. As a manufacturer of plant production technology it is our objective to support the farmers with efficient and precise technology.
Our engineers work hard to find the appropriate solutions for the special requirements on application technology in the plant protection sector and to design an efficient and flexible sprayer for a wide range of use.
With the Leeb VL we respond to the requirements “more clearance” and “flexible track”. Depending on vegetation and season the sprayer can flexibly adapt to the operational conditions and the challenges to provide our customers and their crops with utmost efficiency. There are many equipment versions for Leeb VL that make sure that it can perfectly adapt to any task.
Flexible track – flexible height
- Clearance of up to 6.5 ft and a track width of up to 13.1 ft
- Up to 29.5 in wide tires are possible
- Optional: hydraulic height and width adjustment
- Anti-slip control for optimum traction
- Excellent manoeuvrability due to standard all-wheel steering
- The central tube frame allows for a turning radius of only 11.4 ft
- The pneumatically spring-loaded chassis guarantees a stable road and field handling at high speeds.
- The front cabin on the central tube frame and the boom in parallelogramm suspension guarantee an optimum weight distribution – on the road and in the field.
- The arrangement allows for enough space for a tank capacity of up to 2113 gal and a constantly high driving stability with an optimum weight distribution of 50 : 50.
- Each wheel of the standard chassis ComfortDriveFlex is individually suspended at the slide frame. The result is an excellent driving comfort.
- The pneumatic individual wheel suspension adapts to the ground. The result is an extremely comfortable driving experience, and the boom control system is supported positively.
- Due to the smooth driving characteristics, the boom control system easily manages to keep the balance even at higher speeds.
- The flexible clearance of up to 6.5 ft (depending on the tires) allows for protecting the plants while working even in high populations.
Automotive drive control
- Automotive drive control with standard equipment:
- Maximum load control
- Overspeed control
- Driving with reduced motor speed
- Speed control
- Headland management
- The driving strategy can either be determined with the accelerator pedal or with the control lever. For changing you do not have to switch.
- Tier 5 according to current EU exhaust emission standard
- 408 cubic inch-six-cylinder FPT engine
- Turbo motor with charge air cooling
- The Common-Rail system convinces with an impressive performance of max. 230 kW / 310 HP.
- Maximum torque of 1 160 Nm of 1 500 U/min
- 25 resp. 31 m/h on the road with 1 500 U/min
- In field mode when the boom is folded in up to 16 m/h and up to 20 m/h when the boom is folded out at1 300 U/min and load-dependent adaption
PowerGear wheels gears with intelligent drive
- Infinitely variable from 0 – 33 m/h
- The efficiency factor in the main working range has been specially optimised for the use in the plant protection sector
- Intelligent all-wheel drive: dynamically distributed drive torque – powerful and efficient
- Selective traction control for every tire
- Due to larger wheel motors at the rear axle and the corresponding higher driving power, the VL easily manages any terrain.
- Two gear box versions, depending on the field of application:
- PowerGear with powerful drive even at steep slopes
- HighPowerGear for more torque at the wheel and highest requirements in the field
“Utmost clearance and flexible track widths, uncompromising with regard to driving comfort and stability – these were the parameters for the development of the Leeb VL. Due to the modular design of the chassis the farmer can decide which equipments suit him best. The result is a self-propelled sprayer that can be adapted individually to the requirements on site.”
- Approx. 50 % incline
- HighPowerGear shows its strength especially with low operational speed and extreme inclines.
- When driving slowly below approx. 8 km/h or if the machine is on the verge of getting stuck, HighPowerGear provides the required power reserves to manage the most difficult situations.
Comfort, safety and functionality
- Comfort and functionality are important characteristics of the new HORSCH Leeb VL: A lot of features like the individual wheel suspension, seat and armrest suspension, driving dynamics and the large cabin interior guarantee a new dimension of driving experience.
- The spacious cabin offers an optimum view on the machine and the population and the inside leaves nothing to be desired.
- A premium comfort seat: active vibration damping, seat heating and seat ventilation guarantee the driver a luxury driving experience.
- Due to the excellent insulation, dust and noise remain outside.
- A powerful automatic air-conditioning with heating guarantees a comfortable indoor climate.
- Cabin filter Cat. IV to protect the user from dust, aerosols and steam
- Heatable power mirrors
- The height and the inclination of the steering column can be adjusted.
- The display for the vehicle functions and the speedometer are located at the A column.
- The ISOBUS terminal for the spraying function is integrated in the armrest.
- The ErgoControl armrest can be adjusted in height and in length and is equipped with integrated ergonomic control elements and a joystick.
- Passenger seat as well as numerous compartments and cooling compartment
- DAB radio with bluetooth interface
Optimum working conditions at night
- Four working lights are mounted on the cabin roof as a standard.
- Four working lights incl. TrackFinder are available additionally.
There are sufficient storage compartment everywhere on and in the cabin of the VL
- Dust- and splash-proof boxes are integrated at the control centre and at the diesel tank.
- A storage compartment for for example tools is located below the cabin.
Cabin comfort package (optional)
- Mobile phone holder and cupholder
- Carpet floor mat and footrest at the steering column
- Sun protection blind at the doors at the left and at the right
- Leather seat
Strong, convincing arguments
- Extremely comfortable chassis ComfortDriveFlex: hydraulic individual wheel suspension with level regulation
- Stable chassis with lightweight design due to central frame
- Highest continuous clearance of up to 6.5 ft in field mode
- Infinitely variable, hydrostatic single wheel drive and automotive driving
- 408 in-six-cylinder FPT engine with 310 HP
- Economic driving due to intelligent drive control
- Top speed on the road up to 33 mph
- Operational speed up to 20 mph
- Various steering versions are standard
- Minimised slip and soil pressure due to very large tire diameter of up to 7.2 ft
- 1 320, 1 700 or 2 113 gal PE or stainless steel tank (2 113 gal only in stainless steel).
- Well-proven boom construction up to 133.33 ft
- Well-known HORSCH Leeb BoomControl boom control system
- Optimum boom positioin even at high operational speeds due to individual wheel suspension and parallel suspension of the boom
- Practical control terminals and an ergonomic joystick for an intuitive handling, perfectly adapted to the application requirements
- Continuous inside cleaning CCS Pro with electrical valves and external control terminal; spraying and cleaning functions can be controlled in the cabin
- Automatic GPS-controlled section control system SectionControl
- Up to 42 section with individual layout
- Innovations like PrecisionSpray
- Camera system with monitor as a rearview camera and to control the spraying nozzles at the middle section of the boom
- LED headlights for boom apron lighting
- LED working lights on cabin roof incl. TrackFinder and cornering light
- NightLight for nozzle cone lighting incl. cleaning
- Rotating signal lights
- Splash guard tarpaulins at the boom behind the wheels
- Exhaust function for residual quantity
- Induction hopper made of stainless steel
- Outside cleaning
- Wind gauge
- Drag hose system
- Cat. IV filter system for cabin
- Safety kit with reflective vest, warning light and first-aid-kit
- Fire exinguisher
- Support for N sensor
- Cabin comfort package
|HORSCH Leeb||5.300 VL||6.300 VL||8.300 VL|
|Water-cooled motor||FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) N67|
|Power (kW/HP)||230 / 310|
|Number of cylinders / cooling||6 / water / turbo with intercooler|
|Displacement (in 3 )||408|
|Nominal speed (rpm)||2 000|
|Max. torque (Nm/speed)||1 160 / 1 500|
|Tank capacity Diesel / AdBlue (gal)||119 / 12|
|Emission standard||Tier 5|
|Gearbox type||Wheel hub drive|
|Working range||Field / road|
|Speeds||Field: 0 – 15 m/h with boom folded in, 0 – 20 m/h with boom folded out; road: 25 m/h / optional 33 m/h; maximum speed at 1 500 U/min respectively|
|All wheel drive||Permanent, rear axle swith-off in road mode beyond 16 m/h|
|Chassis suspension||Individual wheel suspension at the slide frame|
|Axle suspension||Pneumatic suspension with level regulation, automatic switching between smooth and hard suspension setup when changing from field to road mode|
|Underbody||Continuously smooth, plant protecting vehicle underside|
|Rear axle||Hydraulic-electric steering, automatic centring and locking during road transport|
|Types of steering||Only front axle steering (road mode), all-wheel steering (field mode), automatic slope steering, manual rear axle steering also possible|
|Service brake||Hydrostatic high-performance brake, front axle with integrated, wet multi-disc brake|
|Parking brake||Multiple disc brake, operated hydraulically via spring accumulator|
|Traction drive pump (in 3 )||10.5|
|Working hydraulics pump (in 3 )||10.0|
|Working pressure (psi)||2 900|
|Alternator (V/A)||14 / 200|
|Battery (Ah/A)||180 / 1 000|
|Wiring||CAN-Bus / ISOBUS|
|Interface to superstructure||ISOBUS with voltage supply|
|Electronic travel control|
|Over revving control|
|Cruise control function|
|Automotive driving via accelerator pedal or control lever (speed via pedal or joystick; motor speed and hydrostat regulate themselves automatically)|
|Mixture tank||Polyethylene (PE) / Stainless steel||Polyethylene (PE) / Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Mixture tank nominal capacity (gal)||1 320||1 585||2 113|
|Mixture tank actual capacity (gal)||1 413||1 677||2 232|
|Fresh water tank (gal)||200||200||200|
|Hand-wash tank (gal)||4||4||4|
|Front cabin with an interior volume of 3.5 m³ and a glass surface of 7.0 m²|
|Automatic climate control / heating|
|Comfort seat with air suspension, vibration damping and seat ventilation|
|Numerous compartments and a cooling compartment|
|Control lever is integraed in the ergonomic control armrest|
|DAB radio with bluetooth interface|
|Display field in A column for vehicle functions and speedometer|
|ISOBUS terminal for spraying functions is integrated in the control armrest|
|Optional: Automatic Cat. IV cabin filter system|
|Standard tires (other tires upon request)|
|VF 520 / 85 R46|
|Measures and weights|
|Unladen weight (lbs)||approx. 28 600 – 32 000 (depending on the equipment)|
|Max. allowed total weight (lbs)||Wheel drive PowerGear 40 000 lbs / Wheel drive HighPowerGear 44 000 lbs|
|Max. total weight field (lbs)||53 000 (depending on the tires)|
|Ground clearance||6.5 Fuß (depending on the tires)|
|Wheel base (in)||170|
|Flange size adjustment narrow frame (ft)||8.5 – 11.5|
|Flange size adjustment large frame (ft)||9.8 – 13.4|
|Length (inch)||approx. 460.6 – (depending on the boom version and the tires)|
|Height (inch)||approx. 157.1 (depending on the boom version and the tires)|
|Total width (inch)|| 120 with 8.5 ft track – (depending on tires and gear unit version) |
135.8 with 9.8 ft track – (depending on tires and gear unit version)
155.5 with 11.4 ft track – (depending on tires and gear unit version)
175.2 with 13.1 ft track – (depending on tires and gear unit version)
|Working widths||56.7 / 100 5sect. ft|
|(56.7) / 120 5sect. ft|
|100 / 133.33 7sect. ft|
|Section, min. / max. (piece)||6 – 42|
|Working height (foot)||(1 – 9 ft with 63 in clearance / 2.6 – 10.5 in with 78 in clearance, depending on the selected tires)|
|Pump output (gal/min)||264|
|Max. emission quantity at the boom (gal/min)||92*|
|Working pressure, max. (psi)||116|
|Operational speed (m/h)||2.5 – 20|
* The indicated application rates apply to water with a spraying pressure of approx. 72.5 psi. With other pressures the application rates may differ upward and downward.