Avatar 12.25 / 18.25 SD
- Can be used universally from direct drilling to cultivated soils
- Metering of up to three individual components
- High coulter pressure of up to 350 kg per individual row
- Stable and maintenance-free bearings for maximum service life
- Depth control at the individual coulter
- Closing wheels can be adjusted in an optimum way for the most different site conditions
SD (SINGLEDISC) COULTER
versatile, Robust, precise
The individual depth controlled SingleDisc coulter has especially been designed for the Avatar line. Due to its individuality and flexibility, it can be adapted to the most different sowing conditions:
- Direct seed
- Mulch seed
- Conventional tillage
- In standing catch crops
- Stony and very heavy, clayey soils
The interaction of sincle disc coulter and seed skid guarantees a safe opening of the furrow. At the same time harvest residues are removed from the furrow. The result is an optimum contact of seed and soil for quick and safe emergence.
Via the rubber buffer a coulter pressure of up to 350 kg per coulter can be transferred. The coulter pressure can be adjusted mechanically or electrically via the terminal. All pivot points and connections at the coulter are maintenance-free. The durable, maintenance-free bearings at all turning parts guarantee a long service life and operational reliability. The seed skid is equipped with a carbide wear edge for a long service life. It can even be extended with the HM+ version.
The stable depth control rolls guarantee an exact depth control of the coulter in changing or difficult conditions. This is due to different co-ordinated adjustments of the seed coulter and optional equipments.
Due to the lateral inclination of 6° and an undergrip of 3° of the single disc coulter the seed is placed below the surface in a slanting way. Depending on the conditions you can choose between Uniformer and catching roller.
- Safe fixing of the seed in the furrow
- Flexible use
- Ideal when sowing into green catch crops
Catching roller in the row
- Safe emergence even in dry conditions
- High operational reliability even in very wet conditions due to the integrated parking position for the catching roller; the press wheel in this case is moved away from the working area
Depending on the soil conditions the angle of the closing wheel can be adjusted:
- Aggressively for direct seed or on very heavy soils
- Passively on cultivated or very light soils
You can choose between two versions:
Star wheel steel
- For sowing in very dry conditions the star closing wheel is the optimum solution
- The star wheel produces important fine earth for closing the seed furrow
Closing wheel steel
- For sowing in wet, changing conditions the steel closing wheel is ideal.
- Closes the seed furrow even in changing conditions
- Ideal with the offset method
- The down force of the closing wheels can be adjusted by means of a spring without any tools.
Avatar 12.25 SD
COMPACT AND EFFICIENT
The reason why this machine is so popular in the market is quite simple: According to the experiences of our customers you can use the Avatar 12.25 SD with a 240 – 250 hp tractor. This low horsepower requirement is due to several aspects:
- Low empty weight
- Option: large tyres at the seed wagon
- Twin tyres at the wings of the machine
- Single disc seed coulters move little soil
The new hopper generation combines the following advantages
- Double hopper with a capacity of 6 500 l
- Optional MiniDrill with a capacity of 400 l
- Fan is mounted at a very high position in the hopper to reduce the dust that is sucked in and to extend the service life of the components
- Large, clearly arranged toolbox
- Underbody protection of the pneumatics
There are several tyre versions for driving in the field: from 520 mm over 580 mm, 710 mm and 900 mm wide tyres to twin tyres – depending on the max.admissible transport width.
Electronics is based on a new control concept. The user interface has been optimised for Touch Terminals and the display can be customised. Modern standards like SectionControl, VariableRate and working according to application maps are standard equipment and can be used after having been activated correspondingly.
The popular equipment option WorkLight Pro guarantees an optimum illumination of metering system and machine when sowing late at night. The LED headlights at the rear of the machine do not only illuminate the seed bar, but also guarantee optimum visibility when reversing with the machine.
The SingleDisc seed coulter is well appreciated in the market. Options like a 6 mm wide disc blade and different carbide options at the skid increase the service life if farms want to and have to achieve a high hectare output. The 1-row design of the SingleDisc seed coulters with a row spacing of 25 cm is ideal for mechanical population management in combination with a Horsch Transformer 12 VF.
Avatar 18.25 SD
COMPACT AND EFFICIENT
The compact, manoeuvrable machine with 3 m transport width is based on the HORSCH seed wagon concept for maximum hectare output and still compact transport position. The well-proven folding concept with compact transport dimensions is due to the transport axle. It allows for a maximum outside width of 3.00 m for road transport and guarantees a stable position in the field especially on extreme slopes.
The rigid axle is particularly interesting in regions where a larger transport width is possible. It allows for further tyre options like 900 / 60 R 32 or twin tyres 520 / 85 R 42 at the seed wagon for maximum soil preservation and load-bearing capacity even in wet conditions.
The low horsepower requirement of this 18 m wide seed drill is due to the low empty weight of the machine. Moreover, the SingleDisc coulters move only little soil.
This is another advantage of the light machine with integrated weight transfer and distribution to the coulter wings for even coulter pressures at all seed rows to the very last coulter.
The mechanical half-width control is standard equipment for all machines. As an option you can chose an electrical half-width control via the ISOBUS Terminal. With a SectionControl activation the whole system can be automated.
Versatile hopper system
The basic machine of the Avatar 18.25 SD is equipped with a 8 500 l hopper with two possible partitions (50 : 50 or 60 : 40). An additional 3 rd hopper does not only increase the capacity by 2 400 l, but also increases flexibility.
|HORSCH Avatar||12.25 SD||18.25 SD|
|Working width (m)||12.00||18.00|
|Transport width (m)||2.98||3.00 (with movable axle and single tyres 520 / 85 R 42)|
|Transport height (m)||3.98||4.00|
|Axle load (kg)*||8 400 – 10 500||11 240|
|Vertical load (kg)*||1 800 – 2 700||3 780|
|Seed hopper capacity double hopper (l)||6 300 (60 : 40, 3 800 / 2 500)||8 500 (50 : 50, per 4 250 l)|
|Feed opening double hopper (m)||per 0.66 x 0.94||per 0.66 x 1.70|
|Filling height double hopper (m)||2.75||3.10|
|Hopper capacity third component (l)||---||2 400|
|Hopper capacity MiniDrill (l)||400||---|
|Number of seed coulters||48||72|
|Coulter pressure seed coulters (kg)||350||350|
|Seed coulter Ø (cm)||48||48|
|Closing wheels Ø (cm)||33||33|
|Depth control wheels Ø (cm)||40||40|
|Row spacing (cm)||25.00||25.00|
|Tyre size seed wagon||520 / 85 R 38, 580 / 70 R 38, 710 / 70 R 38, 900 / 60 R 32, Twin tyres 520 / 85 R 42||520 / 85 R 42|
|Tyre size support wheels||Double support wheels 10.8 / 75 – 15.3||550 / 60 – 22.5|
|Working speed (km/h)||6 – 15||6 – 15|
|Power demand (kW/hp) from||185 / 250||200 / 300|
|DA control devices||3||3|
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar)||1||1|
|Oil quantity hydr. fan (l/min)||35 – 45||35 – 45|
|Adj. drawbar linkage||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm||Ring hitch Ø 58 – 79 mm|
|Ball-type linkage||K 80||K 80|