The Joker MT Series takes all of the Joker RT series dynamics and transfers them to a 3-point mounted concept. Since HORSCH introduced the high speed compact disc concept to North America, the Joker MT Series has become a necessary tool on many farms throughout the continent. Whether working in no-till, minimumtill, or conventional till farming practices, the Joker MT adds time-efficiency within the optimum agronomic work windows for residue management and precise seedbed preparation. Its proven advantages over vertical tillage, tandem disc, field cultivators, and other shallow tillage concepts has revolutionized the North American tillage market. Simply put, the Joker MT adds agronomic and bottom line value to your operation.
Uniformity and Consistency
Blade angle and mounting design that ensures consistent soil engagement and provides uniform working action across the machine. Consistent thorough horizontal fracture for uniform soil structure, level working horizon, and uniform mixing of sized residue and soil – foundations of an optimum seedbed. Uniform soil working action that maximizes efficacy of pre-emerge herbicides, thorough incorporation of granular fertilizers and manure while providing optimum seedbed soil structure.
Maximize the agronomic benefits of post-harvest residue by promoting accelerated decomposition. Intense residue sizing provides more “open doors” for soil bacteria and fungi to initialize the residue decomposition process. Unlock the nutrient and organic matter values remaining in post-harvest residues to benefit the nutritional needs of future crops. Promote healthy crop environment by rapidly decomposing residue that harbor pathogens and dangerous pests.
Advantages in Primary Tillage Applications
- Recondition and level fields after harvest as a first step to next seasons seedbed.
- Excellent for sizing, incorporating, and mulching post-harvest residues to kick-start decomposition.
- Effectively secures residue to prevent losses due to wind.
- Sustainable option for post-harvest weed control.
- Proven for use in terminating a wide variety of cover crops.
- Leveling action helps with field conditioning an elimination of ruts, clumps, furrows, ridges, raised beds, and after root crop harvesting.
- Depth is gauged by the RollFlex finishing system, providing full-width depth control for precise tillage.
Advantages in Secondary Tillage / Seedbed Preparation Applications
- Superior agronomic concept for seedbed preparation.
- Creates uniform soil structure and density that enhances the seed placement performance of seeders and planters.
- Ideal complementary concept for single pass seedbed preparation following disc rippers, moldboard plows, chisel plows, or sub-soilers.
- Provides additional residue sizing / incorporation to promote accelerated decomposition, unlocking nutrient value of residue for future crop growth.
- Thoroughly incorporates spread granular fertilizer and enhances the efficacy of pre-emerge herbicide applications.
- Sustainably eliminates early season weed pressures through thorough horizontal tillage.
- Firms and secures soil through consolidation to prevent wind erosion.
Unique technique used during soil preparation that creates optimum seedbed environment. Consolidation promotes capillary affect in the soil, which uniformly draws and maintains moisture in the seedbed and seed zone. Uniform moisture in seed zone ensures rapid seedling germination and uniform emergence, two keys in establishing maximum yield potentials. Creates a consistent, firm soil structure across the working width of the machine which optimizes planter and seeder placement performance. Provides optimum soil to residue contact, aiding in accelerating decomposition.
|HORSCH Joker MT||MT13||MT15||MT20||MT22 Folding|
|Machine Width||13 ft 4 in||15 ft||20 ft||24 ft 3 in|
|Working Width||11 ft 8 in||13 ft 4 in||18 ft 4 in||21 ft 8 in|
|Transport Width||13 ft||15 ft||20 ft||11 ft 8 in|
|Weight||6,458 lb||7,585 lb||9,635 lb||11,500 lb|
|Number of Discs||24||32||44||52|
|Hitching||Three‐Point Cat III; Quick‐Hitch|
|Three‐Point Cat III; Quick‐Hitch|
|Three‐Point Cat III; Quick‐Hitch|
|Three‐Point Cat IV; Quick‐Hitch|
|Power Requirements||120 - 160 hp||160 - 180 hp||180 - 240 hp||230-300 hp|
|Disc Diameter||20 in||20 in||20 in||20 in|
|Disc Thickness||0.25 in||0.25 in||0.25 in||0.25 in|