What are the excelling features of the new metering devices?
- Electrically driven as a standard
- Can be universally used for precise grain singulation and the most different crops
- Metering of maize, sunflowers, sugar beets and soya
- Simple handling: the scraper does not have to be adjusted
- Seed monitoring via grain sensor: information about the singulation accuracy
- Individual control of every row: individual row switch off, SectionControl, VariableRate, tramline switching
What is the difference between AirVac and AirSpeed?
- Reliable singulation via a vacuum
- High precision for sowing speed up to 12 km/h
- Maximum yields due to optimum embedding of the grains
- Utmost flexibility for the most different crops
- Increased time frame in case of wet sowing conditions
- Precise singulation by means of overpressure
- Perfect plant spacings at high operational speeds
- Safe embedding of the grain by means of a shot system and a catching roller
- Maximum power and efficiency
Maestro CV / CX / RV / RX / SV / SX
AIRVAC AND AIRSPEED
VERSATILE – PRECISE – EFFICIENT
The design of the new metering device generation AirVac and AirSpeed is basically similar. The metering devices work according to the same metering principle. They can be used universally for an exact grain singulation. Due to different metering discs, maize, sunflowers, sugarbeet, soybeans, sorghum and rape can be singulated reliably.
The AirVac system is based on the principle of vacuum singulation where the seed is sucked to a perforated disc. The AirSpeed system works according to the overpressure principle where the grains are pressed to the perforated disc. In both metering devices the grains pass through a singulator that sees to it that duplicates are removed. The special feature of the component is that it does not have to be changed if the crop is changed and that the user does not have to carry out any adjustment works. The contour of the singulator has been optimised in such a way that a reliable singulation for all crops is guaranteed.
The basic difference of the two new metering device generations is the transfer of the seed from the metering device into the soil: After the singulation the AirVac systems leads the seed via a fall tube to the bottom of the furrow and the seed is pressed down by the catching roller if necessary. With the AirSpeed system the singulated grains are seized by an air current, accelerated and shot with the air current through the shoot pipe into the soil. They are caught and embedded by the installed catching roller.
In both metering devices the grains pass a grain sensor in the fall resp. shoot pipe to guarantee an optimum monitoring of the seeding success. The measuring technology of the sensor is able to count the grains, to determine the spacings between the grains and thus also to transmit an information to the driver with regard to double spots or gaps.
The transmitted values of the singulation accuracy are displayed clearly at the terminal of the machine and additionally increase safety while sowing.
The new metering device generations AirVac and AirSpeed are driven electrically as a standard and each row can be controlled individually. This technology cooperates with the well-proven functions single row switch-off, SectionControl, VariableRate and tramline control.
For VariableRate the metering systems are designed in such a way that the seed rate can be modified for every single row. With the tramline control it is possible to individually adapt the seed rate in the row at the left and the right side of the tramline. With these advanced functions all measures to increase precising while sowing can be used to full capacity.