WITH AIRVAC SYSTEM – PRECISE – VERSATILE
AirVac – the new generation of vacuum singulation
The AirVac metering device can be used universally for an exact grain singulation. Due to different metering discs, maize, sunflowers, sugarbeet, soybeans and rape can be singulated reliably.
The AirVac system is based on the principle of vacuum singulation where the seed is sucked to a perforated disc. During the metering process the accepted grains pass through a scraper that sees to it that duplicates are removed. The special feature of the AirVac scraper is that the user does not have to carry out any adjustment works. The contour of the scraper has been optimised in such a way that a reliable singulation for all crops is guaranteed.
Via a fall tube the AirVac metering device leads the seed to the bottom of the furrow. A grain sensor is integrated into the fall tube to guarantee an optimum monitoring of the seeding success. The measuring technology of the sensor is able to count the grains, to determine the spacings between the grains and thus also to transmit an information to the driver with regard to double spots or gaps.
The transmitted values of the singulation accuracy are displayed clearly at the terminal of the machine and additionally increase safety while sowing.
The AirVac singulator is driven electrically as a standard and each row can be controlled individually. This technology cooperates with the well-proven functions single row switch-off, SectionControl, VariableRate and tramline control.
For VariableRate the AirVac system is designed in such a way that the seed rate can be modified for every single row. With the tramline control it is possible to individually adapt the seed rate in the row at the left and the right side of the tramline. With these advanced functions all measures to increase precising while sowing can be used to full capacity.
- Can be used universally for different crops
- High precision for sowing speed up to 12 km/h
- Simple handling: no adjustment of the scraper required
- Electric drive as a basis for:
- Tramline control
PRECISE SINGLE GRAIN SEED DRILL – Wide range of applications
- Versatile single grain technology for: maize, sunflowers, soybeans, rape
- Simple handling of the metering device – no adjustment of the scraper required
- Solid and reliable technology – heavy parallelogram and row unit for highest strain
- Coulter pressures up to 260 kg for safe sowing even in difficult conditions
- Automatic, soil-dependent coulter pressure adjustment AutoForce with coulter pressures up to 350 kg per row
- High hectare output due to long range for fertiliser and seed
- Compact unit with low demands on the tractor
Can be used universally for many crops
The very compact unit of the Maestro DV consisting of a large seed wagon, a seed bar with a working width of up to 6 m and a single grain seed bar with 6 or 8 rows guarantees high efficiency with comparably low requirements on the tractor. As the seed bar is attached via a 4-point linkage, it is possible to mount a Pronto NT or Pronto TD CoulterBar with a working width of 4, 5 or 6 m for broadcast sowing systems. Thus, the Maestro DV can be used even more universally and becomes an all-rounder among the seed drills.
To meet all customer requirements in an optimum way, two configurations of the seed wagon of the Maestro DV are available.
Single hopper for fertiliser
The 2 800 litre hopper is used to apply fertiliser via the coulters of the underground fertilisation. In this case, the seed is supplied in the large individual row boxes with a capacity of 70 litre.
Pressurised double hopper for two components
When using the Maestro DV in combination with a Pronto NT or Pronto TD CoulterBar, the large double hopper with a capacity of 3 500 litres can be used to apply seed and fertiliser simultaneously as a Grain & Fertiliser system into the seed slot. As an alternative the double hopper combined with the single grain seed bar can be used to apply two different fertiliser components via the underground fertilisation unit.
For both versions the hopper is equipped with the well-proven HORSCH metering technology and can supply the underground fertilisation system respectively the seed bar of the Maestro reliably and precisely.
The row body of the Maestro DV is equipped with a wide, sturdy parallelogram and, as a standard, with springs to create the coulter pressure. Thus, coulter pressures up to 260 kg per row can be generated mechanically. As an option, it is possible to equip the machine with hydraulic cylinders to generate the coulter pressure. Thus, the innovative coulter pressure regulation system AutoForce carries out the coulter pressure adjustments up to max. 350 kg per row. The weight of the seed wagon is used to generate the coulter pressure over the whole width of the machine and relieves the seed wagon tyres while sowing.
Maestro DV – in brief
- Precise and simple singulation with HORSCH AirVac
- Clear and simple design of the machine
- Very low horsepower requirement: as of 100 hp
- Seed wagon with single hopper or pressurised double hopper
- Combines two seed drills in one:
- 8-row single grain seed bar
- Pronto NT CoulterBar 4, 5 or 6 m working width
- Pronto TD CoulterBar with RollFlex packer with 6 m working width
- Coulter pressures can be adjusted mechanically up to 260 kg per row or fully automatically with AutoForce up to 350 kg per row
- Weight of the seed wagon is used to generate coulter pressure
- Underground fertilisation with SingleDisc fertiliser coulter
- Central micro-granular unit for placement in the furrow or on the row
- ISOBUS control
|HORSCH Maestro DV
|RollFlex seed bar
|Working width (m)
|Transport width with 2.45 m track (m)
|Transport width with 2.80 m track (m)
|Transport width with 3.00 m track (m)
|Transport height (m)
|Transport length incl. Maestro DV (m)
|Weight incl. Maestro DV (kg)*
|Hopper capacity seed waggon single hopper version (l)
|Hopper capacity seed waggon double hopper version (l)
|Feed opening seed waggon single hopper version (m)
|1.00 x 2.40
|Feed opening seed waggon double hopper version (m)
|per 0.60 x 0.90
|Number of seed coulters
|Coulter pressure (kg)
|5 – 120
|Seed coulters / press wheels Ø (cm)
|34 / 32
|Row spacing seed coulters (cm)
|Tyre size seed waggon (optional)
|550 / 60-22.5Twin tyres 270/95 R 32
|Working speed (km/h)
|10 – 20
|Horsepower requirement from (kW/hp)
|75 / 100
|DA control devices
|1 DA hydr. functions, 1 DA hydr. fan direct drive fertiliser with adjustable flow rate, 1 DA hydr. filling auger
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar)
|1 for hydr. fan direct drive
|Oil quantity hydr. fan fertiliser and underpressure (l)
|Adj. drawbar linkage
|Bolt Ø 40 mm
* Weights of the machines with minimum equipment