Position Available: ASAP
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Manage a geographical territory by maximizing sales of HORSCH products and parts while achieving customer satisfaction. Growing sales and developing the territory is considered a prime focus. The position will be responsible for: sales, sales support, dealer training, field technical assistance, customer demonstrations, project management, maintaining relationships with current dealers, fostering new dealer relationships and new dealer recruitment. The position is also responsible for executing marketing activities in coordination with the dealers in the territory.
- Experience with AG equipment and AG equipment sales is mandatory
- Ambitious personality, a “go getter”
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong technical acumen (including electronics) to provide service support
- Knowledge of the areas AG industry and dealer networks is required
- Understanding of basic agronomic topics as it relates to current and future customer’s farming practices
- Farm background with knowledge of farm practices is important
- Strong business acumen
- Strong knowledge of company products, processes, policies and distribution system or the ability to learn fast
- Passion and commitment to company and products
- Computer skills - including the ability to use communication and organization software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, teams and Email etc.
- Valid driver’s license and valid passport
- Two years higher education or equivalent relevant work experience
- Management skills
- Achieve successful volumes of sales for HORSCH products within an assigned sales territory.
- Achieve target market shares for HORSCH products consistent with company objectives.
- Prepare sales plans for assigned territory for HORSCH product lines.
- Provide sales forecasts to determine production volume required to meet sales objectives.
- Develop relationships with dealer personnel and end user customers to promote the HORSCH brand.
- Maintain customer leads lists to use as a sales tool for follow up with dealer salesman.
- Develop dealers to improve sales results in all product categories.
- Increase dealer’s engagement in HORSCH products by the dealer maximizing sales in all relevant product categories.
- Provide sales training for dealers to provide them with a good understanding of the HORSCH company, product value and how HORSCH products can provide optimum agronomic solutions for customers.
- Prospect for new dealer distribution opportunities in open areas to have HORSCH represented in all product categories.
- Develop a dealer distribution plan that includes growing sales with existing dealers and recruiting dealers in open areas.
- Work closely with HORSCH marketing to develop marketing communication plans for the assigned territory. The Territory Manager should play a key role in the execution of the marketing plan.
- Work with existing and potential dealers, coordinating successful product demonstrations.
- Assist dealers with sales and technical communication information, as necessary.
- Generate ideas and solutions through customer relationships.
- Relay and address customer concerns to Horsch management team and follow up to assure that they are being addressed.
- Report activities to management weekly in regular written/emailed reports.
- Manage travel and other expenses within the defined annual budget plan.
- Extensive travel is required for this position to include average weekly over-night stays of 3 nights per week.
This is a salary paid position based on experience and education. Benefits package including Vacation, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental, Vision, and a variety of supplemental benefits
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods. Long vehicle trips or plane flights may be required. The position will require walking at field demonstrations, trade shows, and customer sites. The position may require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields.
HORSCH Canada INC
Regional Sales Manager
Phone: +1 514 443 6828