Shallow mixing and deep loosening
For heavy soils in the conditions of high rainfall
Advantages of Terrano MT
- Terrano MT is a combination of compact disc harrow and 2-bar cultivator
- For heavy soils in areas of high rainfall
- Shallow tillage and intensive mixing combined with deep soil loosening
- Excellent fine soil production in the germination horizon
- Breaking of the disc harrow cultivation horizon with the help of the following cultivator tines
- Working width 12,15 m / 12,26 m
- Power demand starting at 330 kW / 450 HP
Distinguishing Features of Terrano MT
- The Terrano MT has been specially designed for the following range of use: ”mixing on the top, loosening at the bottom“. The cultivator has a middle chassis and a 4-bar frame design (2 rows of discs + 2 rows of tines). It is particularly suitable for cultivating heavy soils that have to be loosened deeply, but where harvest residues can only be mixed in in a shallow way to prevent rough soil from being transported to the surface.
- The 2-row DiscSystem allows for a shallow and intensively mixing cultivation and a clogging-free working even if there are difficult residues and high quantities of straw. The DiscSystem creates a lot of ﬁne earth and the working depth can be adjusted hydraulically and steplessly.
- The DiscSystem is followed by a 2-bar tine system. Due to the large tine spacing of 40 cm and the narrow (40 mm) LD (low disturbance) points the power demand for this system is relatively low.
- It allows for an intensive loosening down to a depth of 30 cm with a low mixing effect. Almost no rough soil is transported to the surface and it runs below the disc harrow horizon. The new Ultra LD points increase drainage as they cultivate the soil but do not bring large clods to the surface.
- Due to its middle chassis the Terrano MT is extremely manoeuvrable on the headlands and its roadability is excellent. Under for example wet conditions the chassis can be used additionally for depth control. Thus, less weight ist transferred to the packer – the HORSCH SteelDisc packer with a diametre of 58 cm and a weight of 175 kg/m working width for maximum consolidation. It is also ideal on most heavy soils and its packer elements leave a good soil structure. Additionally, the Terrano MT is equipped with two efficient double rollers. You can choose between a double RollFlex or a RollPack packer.
|HORSCH Terrano MT||4 MT||6 MT|
|Working width (m)||4,40||6,00|
|Transport width (m)||3,00||3,00|
|Transport height (m)||3,20||4,00|
|Length without towing hook (m)||9,25||9,25|
|Length with towing hook (m)||9,80||9,80|
|Weight (kg)*||6 730||7 950|
|Tyre size chassis||400 / 70-24||400 / 70-24|
|Tyre Ø chassis (cm)||120||120|
|Number of tines||11||15|
|Tine spacing in one row (cm)||80||80|
|Tine spacing (cm)||40||40|
|LD coulter width (mm)||40||40|
|DiscSystem front discs Ø (cm)||52||52|
|DiscSystem disc thickness (mm)||6||6|
|Number of DiscSystem front discs||36||48|
|Cutting angle DiscSystem discs (degrees)||17||17|
|Frame height (mm)||850||850|
|Double acting valves two-point linkage||3 (+1 with hydr. depth adjustment)||3 (+1 with hydr. depth adjustment)|
|Double acting valve drawbar||4||4|
|Power demand (kW/hp)||150-200 / 180-250||200-270 / 270-370|
|Linkage lower link||Cat. III – III / IV – IV||Cat. III – III / IV – IV|
|Adj. drawbar tool hitch||hitch Ø 42 – 51 mm||hitch Ø 42 – 51 - 71 mm|
|Ball-type tool hitch||K 80||K 80|
*Weights of the machines with adj. drawbar (minimum equipment) and double-RollFlex packer