Modern single grain seeding technology
- Versatile single grain seeding technology for: maize, sunflowers, sugarbeet, soybeans, rape
- Simple handling of the metering device – no adjustment of the scraper required
- Solid and reliable technology – heavy parallelogram and row unit for highest strain
- Coulter pressure up to 350 kg for optimum sowing even in most difficult conditions
- Automatic, soil-dependent coulter pressure adaption AutoForce
- High hectare output due to long range for fertiliser and seed
- Compact unit with low demands on the tractor
WITH AIRVAC SYSTEM – PRECISE – VERSATILE
AirVac – the new generation of vacuum singulation
The AirVac metering device can be used universally for an exact grain singulation. Due to different metering discs, maize, sunflowers, sugarbeet, soybeans and rape can be singulated reliably.
The AirVac system is based on the principle of vacuum singulation where the seed is sucked to a perforated disc. During the metering process the accepted grains pass through a scraper that sees to it that doubles are removed. The special feature of the AirVac scraper is that the user does not have to carry out any adjustment works. The contour of the scraper has been optimised in such a way that a reliable singulation for all crops is guaranteed.
Via a fall tube the AirVac metering device leads the seed to the bottom of the furrow. A grain sensor is integrated into the fall tube to guarantee an optimum monitoring of the seeding success. The measuring technology of the sensor is able to count the grains, to determine the spacings between the grains and thus also to transmit an information to the driver with regard to double spots or gaps.
The transmitted values of the singulation accuracy are displayed clearly at the terminal of the machine and additionally increase safety while sowing.
The AirVac singulator is driven electrically as a standard and each row can be controlled individually. This technology co-operates with the well-proven functions single row switch-off, SectionControl, VariableRate and tramline control.
For VariableRate the AirVac system is designed in such a way that the seed rate can be modified for every single row. With the tramline control it is possible to individually adapt the seed rate in the row at the left and the right side of the tramline. With these advanced functions all measures to increase precising while sowing can be used to full capacity.
- Can be used universally for different crops
- High precision for sowing speed up to 12 km/h
- Simple handling: no adjustment of the scraper required
- Electric drive as a basis for:
- Tramline control
The compact middle class
The compact Maestro CV unit that consists of a high-capacity seed wagon and a seed bar for a working width of up to 7.2 m provides high efficiency whereas the demands on the tractor are comparatively low.
To meet the requirements of the customers in an optimum was, two configurations of the seed wagon of the Maestro CV are available:
Single hopper for fertiliser
The hopper with a capacity of 3 000 liter is used for applying fertiliser via the coulters of the underground fertilisation system. In this case, the seed is supplied in the large single row boxes with a capacity of 70 liter.
Double hopper for fertiliser and seed
The new double hopper system MTS (Main Tank Supply) can store 3 000 liter of fertiliser and 800 liter of seed. By means of the MTS technology the seed is continuously transported to the individual row units and then singulated by the AirVac metering device. The huge advantage of MTS is the simple filling of the central seed hopper and the simultaneous singulation of the seed on the row with a short distance to the seed furrow.
The fertiliser hopper of both versions is equipped with the well-proven HORSCH metering technology and can reliably and precisely feed the underground fertilisation system of the Maestro.
The coulter attachment of the Maestro CV can be equipeed with 8-rows and 9-rows with a row spacing of 70 / 75 and 80 cm. When used with 12 rows the row spacings amount to 45 and 50 cm. In the future, the newly developed clamping profile will allow for an easy changeover from 12 to 8 rows.
The row body of the Maestro CV is equipped with a wide, solid parallelogram and a hydraulic cylinder to generate coulter pressure as a standard. Coulter pressures up to 350 kg per row can be adjusted manually at the terminal or fully automatically with the innovative coulter pressure regulation system HORSCH AutoForce. The weight of the seed wagon is used to generate coulter pressure over the whole width of the machine and thus, relieves the wheels of the seed wagon while sowing.
Maestro CV – in brief
- Precise and simple singulation with HORSCH AirVac
- Seed wagon with single hopper for fertiliser or double hopper with central seed tank
- MTS system in the compact middle class segment
- 8-, 9- and 12-row coulter attachment
- Row spacings between 45 and 80 cm
- Clamping profile to connect the row bodies
- Coulter pressure between 125 and 350 kg per row
- Can be adjusted comfortably at the terminal
- Or controlled automatically with HORSCH AutoForce
- Weight of the seed wagon is used to generate coulter pressure
- Underground fertilisation with SingleDisc fertiliser coulter
- Various tyre options
- Central micro-granular unit for placement in the furrow or on the row
- ISOBUS operation
|HORSCH Maestro||Maestro 8.X – 80 – 30” CV||Maestro 9.X – 80 – 30” CV||Maestro 12.45 – 50 CV|
|Transport width (m)||3.00||3.00||3.00|
|Transport height (m)||3.90||3.90||3.90|
|Transport length (m)||6.50||6.50||6.50|
|Weight (kg)*||5 300||5 500||6 200|
|Hopper capacity seed waggon||3 000||3 000||3 000|
|Feed opening seed waggon (m)||1.00 x 2.40||1.00 x 2.40||1.00 x 2.40|
|Capacity seed container (l)||70||70||70|
|Number of rows||8||9||12|
|Coulter pressure hydr. (kg)||150 – 350||150 – 350||150 – 350|
|Depth control wheel Ø (cm)||40||40||40|
|Press wheel Ø (cm)||30 / 33||30 / 33||30 / 33|
|Row spacing (cm, inch)||70 / 75 / 80 / 30”||70 / 75 / 80 / 30”||45 / 50|
|Sowing depth (cm)||1.5 – 9||1.5 – 9||1.5 – 9|
|Drop height seed (cm)||45||45||45|
|Working speed (km/h)||2 – 12||2 – 12||2 – 12|
|Horsepower requirement from (kW/hp)||110 / 150||118 / 160||132 / 180|
|Tyre size seed waggon (optional)||710 / 50 R 26.5 / Twin tyres 270 / 95 R 36||710 / 50 R 26.5 / 500 / 70 R 28.0||710 / 50 R 26.5 / Twin tyres 270 / 95 R 36|
|DA control devices||1 (+1 hydr. functions, +1 hydr. fan direct drive fertiliser with adjustable flow rate, +1 hydr. fan direct drive underpressure with adjustable flow rate and +1 hydr. filling auger single hopper)|
|Depressurized return flow (max. 5 bar)||1 (for hydr. fan direct drive fertiliser and underpressure)|
|Oil quantity hydr. fan underpressure (l)||30 (not with pto-shaft drive)|
|Oil quantity hydr. fan fertiliser (l)||28 (not with pto-shaft drive)|
|Current demand (A)||30||30||35|
|Adjustable drawbar linkage with ring hitch ball joint||Bolt Ø 32 or 42 mm||Bolt Ø 32 or 42 mm||Bolt Ø 32 or 42 mm|
|Adjustable drawbar linkage||Bolt Ø 40 mm||Bolt Ø 40 mm||Bolt Ø 40 mm|
|Adjustable drawbar linkage hitch rotatable||Bolt Ø 50 mm||Bolt Ø 50 mm||Bolt Ø 50 mm|
|Ball-type linkage||K 80||K 80||K 80|
* Weights of the machines with minimum equipment
for a better embedding of the grains
Which press wheel is suitable for which use?
- The finger wheel is ideal for heavy soils.
- The spike wheel is ideal for lighter sites.
- The rubber closing wheels are ideal for light sandy sites.
- If the furrow wall gets compacted because of the double disc seed coulters, it is broken by the finger / spike wheel – the furrow is removed.
- Seed furrow is not opened after sowing under dry conditions, especially on heavy clayey sites
- Development of the maize root is encouraged
- There is one finger / spike wheel and one standard wheel per row to control the depth and to avoid moving the grains.
- However, the wheels are not suitable for shallow sowing.