Getting a crop planted at the correct time, at the correct depth, and in the correct environment at the fundamental keys in setting a stage for maximum yield potential. And these are the key fundamentals that Maestro row crop planter technologies are based on. Technology and design that maximize every minute of the optimum planting window to secure maximum potential yield. A complete design concept to ensure precise placement of each seed to achieve rapid germination and uniform emergence. A platform that protects soil structure integrity during planting. The Maestro RC row crop planter is the only planter on the market today with a common-sense approach in design that incorporates basic agronomic principals for securing maximum yield potentials.
Precise seed depth placement has significant impact on yields, both positive and negative. Placing each seed at a proper depth, into moisture, and proper closing the furrow promotes rapid germination along with uniform emergence. This is a fundamental key in setting the stage for maximum yield potentials. Shallow placed seed often has higher mortality or delayed emergence due to lack of moisture. Seed placed too deep can become victim to cold soil temperatures, experience delayed emergence, and fall behind in yield potential. Precise seed placement is a full system approach in the Maestro SW. To place a seed precisely first starts with stabilizing the toolbar. The weight transfer system on the Maestro SW distributes the chassis weight over the width of the toolbar, stabilizing the toolbar. With each row unit featuring standard hydraulic downforce, the row unit can be engaged into the soil with up to 750 pounds of downforce without worry of the toolbar lifting. Beyond keeping the row unit secured at desired depth, the disc openers of the row unit must be kept at a consistent and perpendicular angle to maintain a proper seed furrow. Solid parallel arm shaft design on front of the row unit ensures row unit maintains a consistent perpendicular engagement angle.
- Complete concept for maximizing planted acres per day, precision seed placement, along with maintain uniform and consistent seedbed soil structure.
- 64 bushel seed carrying capacity to maximize the planting window.
- Vertical FlexFold toolbar has the most wing flex in the industry.
- Industry first and leading technology in electric meter drives, weight transfer, and hydraulic downforce technologies.
- Electric meter drives precisely singulate seed while having the ability for variable rate planting and curve compensation.
- Toolbar design eliminates the need for lift assist wheels.
- Weight transfer system stabilizes the toolbar, resulting in superior stabilization of row units for precise depth control.
- Standard hydraulic downforce for row unit stabilization for optimum seed placement.
- Optional factory installed liquid system places fertilizer in furrow.
- Row spacing configurations available - 30, 36, 38, 40 inch
- ISOBUS implement control allows use of industry or HORSCH virtual terminals for planter operation and precision farming tasks.
Maintaining uniform soil structure at planting time gives each seed the chance to reach maximum yield potential. If soil structure is restrictive, the crop yield is restricted. The Maestro RC concept is well balanced, eliminating the need for lift assist wheels, resulting in elimination of pinch rows. Pinch row compaction can have significant yield impacts, especially in wet planting seasons. Eliminating this compacted zone secures your maximum potential yields. Another advantage in not having lift assist wheels is maneuverability on headlands, around irrigation canals, and when operating in ridged irrigated fields.
The HORSCH Maestro RC utilizes the strongest built row unit in the industry, which has been proven globally for superior agronomic performance, low maintenance, and low wear characteristics. Several key design parameters ensure long life of the row unit along with precision placement. Parallelogram design integrity is absolutely necessary for precise, consistent, and perpendicular engagement of the double disc opener. Indexed depth setting which eliminates the need to “calibrate” each row for depth and ensures precise seed placement. Precision machined row bodies with hydraulic downforce result in consistent singulation and ride quality keeping the meter steady, and the seed release tried and true.
Industry first and industry leading frame weight distribution system aids in eliminating pinch rows, along with stabilizing the toolbar. This feature ensures the toolbar stays parallel to the seedbed no matter the row unit downforce required. This technology eliminates additional weight needed on the wings to hold wings down. Also, when using hydraulic downforce on the row unit, a stable and firm positioned toolbar is necessary to apply downforce. Downforce can be adjusted in-cab or automatically on-the-fly through the AutoForce System. The hydraulics eliminate the chatter and bounce to the row unit caused by other downforce systems with springs or other competitive technologies. By creating a smooth ride, singulation integrity is preserved and the row unit maintains downforce and precise soil engagement for consistent seed depth placement.
For spring planted crops, no matter where in the world, there is a 10-14 day planting window of opportunity to secure maximum yield potentials. If crop is planted after that optimum window yield losses will result not because of fertility, seed variety, or planter brand but because of the calendar. The Maestro RC planter chassis is designed with this in mind. Capacity is key in securing more planted acres per day especially when in variable field conditions. Large seed carrying capacity allows for more planting time and less filling time. Pending seedbed conditions, planting speed can be increased beyond normal speeds to capitalize further on more planted acres per day within the optimum planting window.
|HORSCH Maestro RC||1230||1630|
|Fold||Vertical FlexFold||Vertical FlexFold|
|Total Weight||9,200 lb||10,500 lb|
|Transport Width||18 ft 1 in||22 ft 6 in|
|Transport Height||13 ft 4 in||13 ft 4 in|
|Transport Length||10 ft 2 in||10 ft 2 in|
|Shipping Length||18 ft 1 in||22 ft 6 in|
|Shipping Height On stands||11 ft 6 in||11 ft 6 in|
|Shipping Depth (Remove Stairs)||8 ft 6 in||8 ft 6 in|
|Quick Hitch||Cat 3 or 4N||Cat 3 or 4N|
|Toolbar Size||7 in x 7 in||7 in x 7 in|
|Seed Tank Size||64 Bushel||64 Bushel|
|Wing Flex||Up/Down 10 Degree||Up/Down 10 Degree|
|Parallel Arm Length||14-3/8 in||14-3/8 in|
|Parallel Arm Thickness||7/16 in||7/16 in|
|Row Unit Travel||10 in||10 in|
|Opener Disc Angle||12 Degree||12 Degree|
|Opener Disc Diameter||15 in||15 in|
|Opener Disc Thickness||3.5mm||3.5mm|
|Opener Bearing Type||Double Ball Bearing||Double Ball Bearing|
|Number/Size of Support Tires||4 /7.60-15||4 /7.60-15|
|Row width Configurations||30 in||30 in|
|Hydraulic Requirements||30 GPM||30 GPM|
|Electronic Requirements||35 Amps||35 Amps|
|Max DownPressure||770 lb||770 lb|
Industry first Vertical FlexFold toolbar
- Allows for true weight distribution system to ensure toolbar stability.
- No complex folding mechanisms.
- Increased toolbar flexibility – better terrain following in uneven fields.
- Gullwing feature for turning on end rows.
Industry leading weight distribution system
- Beyond eliminating pinch rows, the weight distribution system also stabilizes the toolbar.
- Toolbar stays parallel to the seedbed no matter the row unit downforce required.
- No additional weight needed on the wings to hold wings down.
- When using hydraulic downforce on the row unit, a stable and firm positioned toolbar is needed to push up against.
Industry leading hydraulic downforce on the row unit
- Each row unit comes standard with a hydraulic cylinder for applying downforce.
- Downforce can be adjusted in-cab or through the AutoForce System.
- Hydraulics eliminate the chatter and bounce to the row unit caused by other downforce systems.
- By creating a smooth ride, singulation integrity is preserved.
- Row unit maintains downforce and precise soil engagement for consistent seed depth placement.
Strongest row unit in the industry
- Proven globally for superior performance, maintenance and wear.
- Designed for long life.
- Parallelogram integrity provides superior durability.
- Precise, consistent, perpendicular engagement of the double disc opener.
- Designed for strength and precision.
Indexed Depth Setting
- No need to “calibrate” each row for depth.
- Precision machined row bodies.
- Ride quality maintained to keep meter steady, keeping seed release accuracy.
- Proven electric meter drive system maintains accurate population and superior seed singulation.