Singulation with the Funck metering device
HORSCH SINGULARSYSTEM with the Funck metering device
What are the benefits of the SingualrSystem?
- The design of the seed coulter and the main characteristics like the coulter pressure of up to 120 kg are identical to the well-proven TurboDisc coulter.
- Depending on the conditions an operational speed of up to 10 km/h is possible.
- The well-proven double discs open the seed furrow. An integrated skid forms the seed furrow and guarantees an exact placement.
- A height-adjustable catching roller allows for a defined placement of the seed and creates the necessary seed-soil contact.
- After the catching roller the well-known press wheel closes the furrow and controls the depth of the seed coulter.
- To guarantee an undisturbed and exact mechanical singulation of the grains, the seed has to be even sized and clean.
- The homogeneity of the seed and thus, its suitability for the system can be determined by means of the HORSCH shaker box.
- Generally the grains should be in the second or third chamber of the shaker box.
- If the grains end up in the first or last chamber, this seed is not suitable for singulation (in this case the bypass seeding system can be used).
- Singulation of wheat, barley, rape, roggen, peas, spinach, sorghum, ...
- The structure of the central metering unit and the pneumatic system are identical to the conventional seed drills.
- The singulation of the grains is made by the Funck metering device on the seed coulter with up to 100 grains/sec.
- Singulation is carried out mechanically by crop-specific pockets in the singulation disc inside the Funck metering device.
- The desired seed rate in grains/m² and the thousand seed weight are entered in the terminal.
- The calibration test is carried out according to the well-known system.
- Every singulation disc is driven by an own electric motor (1 000 – 2 000 rpm), monitored by the software and controlled automatically depending on the operational speed.
- Depending on the seed rate 1, 2 or 4 pockets can easily be put into the singulation disc without any tools.
- Different pockets are available for wheat, rye, barley, rape and peas.
- The seed is transported to the seed furrow via the fall tube.
- From an agricultural point of view the use of the system makes sense up to a seed rate of 250 grains/m². Beyond this quantity the singulation effects are only marginal.
- In case of high seed rates, unsuitable seed or if catch crops are to be sown, the delivered bypass seeding system allows for sowing conventionally.
- The SingularSystem is available for the type series of Pronto DC, Pronto KR, Pronto AS, Express KR and Focus TD.
DOWNLOADS Test reports and series types with the SingularSystem
Other languages as well as Operating Manuals are available in our download centre.